Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Tracker devices

17 minutes ago, PDM said:

Lexus has now put up a web page on the availability and fitment of tracker devices:

https://media.lexus.co.uk/lexus-partners-with-tracker-to-enhance-vehicle-security/

Paul ....This is Good News For the Security and Protection of our Lexus cars..Do You Know if this device is installed Free of Charge or do we Have to Pay To have it Installed...Is There any Mention of How much the device Costs and is There a Subscription Charged Yearly..!!!!

55 minutes ago, RONNIE W HODGEKINSON said:

Paul ....This is Good News For the Security and Protection of our Lexus cars..Do You Know if this device is installed Free of Charge or do we Have to Pay To have it Installed...Is There any Mention of How much the device Costs and is There a Subscription Charged Yearly..!!!!

Ronnie,

It was free on my 4RX and my wife's 1NX. I believe the offer does not extend to 5RX or 2NX with the updated CAN implementation.  It includes 3 years of subscription (again, FoC to the customer).

Paul

1 hour ago, PDM said:

Ronnie,

It was free on my 4RX and my wife's 1NX. I believe the offer does not extend to 5RX or 2NX with the updated CAN implementation.  It includes 3 years of subscription (again, FoC to the customer).

Paul

Many Thanks for that information Paul..Cheers.!!!

37 minutes ago, RONNIE W HODGEKINSON said:

Many Thanks for that information Paul..Cheers.!!!

Ronnie, it's also worth a mention that as we recently found out, these trackers are a 'one-shot' device. If you're unlucky enough to have your car stolen then if (when) it's recovered it'll need a new tracker fitting.

The unused portion of the three-year monitoring subscription can be transferred to the new one, but the question is - who pays for the new tracking device and its installation?

1 hour ago, Herbie said:

Ronnie, it's also worth a mention that as we recently found out, these trackers are a 'one-shot' device. If you're unlucky enough to have your car stolen then if (when) it's recovered it'll need a new tracker fitting.

The unused portion of the three-year monitoring subscription can be transferred to the new one, but the question is - who pays for the new tracking device and its installation?

YES.... Herb This needs to be Clarified...I Have a Tracker Already installed From Rewire Security And is NOT a one off Non Recoverable System...!!! I Think This Might Just be Rolling Along on The Same Highway as The Lexus + App Upgrade......

1 hour ago, Herbie said:

Just curious what that means? So its not one where we can track stuff online ourselves? We need to call and provide a code and they track the car but will do it only once? But why do they need to change the hardware once they've tracked it? Any idea?

4 minutes ago, Notamech said:

Just curious what that means? So its not one where we can track stuff online ourselves? We need to call and provide a code and they track the car but will do it only once? But why do they need to change the hardware once they've tracked it? Any idea?

It's a Battery operated device. Once it has received a signal to start transmitting I suspect the Battery doesn't last long.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

It's a battery operated device. Once it has received a signal to start transmitting I suspect the battery doesn't last long.

If it's Battery powered, how does it do this?

"As a second layer of protection, customers can download the Tracker smartphone app, providing a host of additional features, including setting a geofence alert. This automatically warns the owner if their vehicle is detected travelling beyond pre-set locations."

1 hour ago, Notamech said:

This is the text that I posted in my topic "Did anyone else realise..." on the 7th September:

Seems to be down to the Battery as I've just found this text:

The Battery Powered Retrieve has a 5-year life span from the date of
installation. The Battery is designed as a one-time use operation, therefore,
if your vehicle is ever stolen, the Tracker unit will need to be replaced*

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Dippo said:

If it's battery powered, how does it do this?

"As a second layer of protection, customers can download the Tracker smartphone app, providing a host of additional features, including setting a geofence alert. This automatically warns the owner if their vehicle is detected travelling beyond pre-set locations."

According to this that I also posted on the 7th, the phone app is only for the more expensive S5 version of the tracker and not the S7 version we get:

image.thumb.png.c5c53f5f25bbf436ce52ae7f1bb0e3f4.png

2 hours ago, Dippo said:

If it's battery powered, how does it do this?

I thought the geo-fence capability was a separate device they were fitting, and it isn't available yet? People seem to be getting told different things depending on who they speak to and I wouldn't trust the press-release to be accurate.

1 hour ago, ColinBarber said:

I thought the geo-fence capability was a separate device they were fitting, and it isn't available yet? People seem to be getting told different things depending on who they speak to and I wouldn't trust the press-release to be accurate.

Colin - yes - the app is for the geofence device and I have one fitted already to my car, as does my wife's NX.  So they are at least available at some dealers already.

Paul

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links