Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Car selling agencies...advice please.

Looking to sell my partners 2017 Nissan Juke DCi Tekna. It's only got 40k on and is in decent condition overall. Not really had much joy privately in spite of being on the lower side price wise. Has to go though soon so the proverbial we buy any car type company might have to be used. 

Anyone dealt with them or other companies before? Understand you usually get less than quoted.

If you have a local "we buy any car" they are worth a try. 

I have tried them twice with different immaculate cars. First time they knocked off £1000 for a couple of stone chips so I traded the car in elsewhere. Second time I tried them they were actually very good so I gave them the car and money was paid within a couple of days.

Motorway and others require photos of the car which is slightly more effort.

Good luck

I tried selling my car with car wow. 

It works a bit differently to others, they send the car to auction with your reserve price set and then send you the best offers if it doesn't meet reserve. 

They weren't far off my reserve price but I managed to sell it privately for £1500 more a few days later. 

Where have you advertised it? I know it's expensive but I always get the best success with auto trader these days. 

I got an email from Lexus saying "We want to buy your Lexus". I thought I would get a valuation just out of interest.

2017 IS200t, 39K miles FLSH Full MOT pass history. In excellent condition, no faults at all, good tyres and brakes etc etc.

What did they offer?  Between 11 and 13K £.  They sell on Autotrader for about £16k for 2016 models.  Or have I got it wrong? Is such a car only worth £12K ish??  You could only get an earlier Honda Civic or a CT200 for that sort of money.

BTW - They then pester you with multiple SPAMs for replying to the silly offer.  I have now blocked them anyway.

If you get an offer like this from Lexus I wouldn't bother wasting your time with it.

• Thanks 1

Oooh got another scam call from Lexus saying what about selling your car? Answer was No thanks, my car is lovely and your offer is derisory but your new cars are overpriced overweight barges.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links