Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Audio system settings

Larrard

Guys, is there a method of setting the Sat Nav to prioritise directions over audio. On my latest trip I missed a couple of turns as the music drowned out the directions. On my last car, if I was listening to music or the radio they were muted when the Sat Nav was directing. Is this not the case on the Lexus system or is there a setting that needs turning on to allow the muting to happen.

Cheers

Larrard.

If you have the Mark Levinson system, you can definitely change the volume level in the settings. I'm pretty sure it is possible on the non-ML system too.

Nope, without the ML there is no way to mute the music to hear the nav. All you can do is max out the nav volume so it can be heard over the music. Didn't know the ML system could do it, thought it was just lexus being idiots.

I can't abide the factory nav in my 2018 RX so I prefer Waze, with Google Maps as a second choice. I think the way to do it in either of those is to change the volume while there's an announcement happening. May be worth a try?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, peniole said:

Nope, without the ML there is no way to mute the music to hear the nav. All you can do is max out the nav volume so it can be heard over the music. Didn't know the ML system could do it, thought it was just lexus being idiots.

I have an awful feeling I've got the onboard system mixed up with Android Auto. Waze definitely mutes the audio. I'll do some testing with the onboard system in the coming days. Here are the settings in Cordelia anyway:

image.thumb.png.b1e08b464da76c7e47d0398705114c4d.png

The < and > arrrows on the LHS of the steering wheel can change the navigation voice level.

12 hours ago, Mincey said:

I have an awful feeling I've got the onboard system mixed up with Android Auto. Waze definitely mutes the audio. I'll do some testing with the onboard system in the coming days. Here are the settings in Cordelia anyway:

image.thumb.png.b1e08b464da76c7e47d0398705114c4d.png

The < and > arrrows on the LHS of the steering wheel can change the navigation voice level.

That's the newer touchscreen system. OP has a 2022, don't think that one was out yet, was it?

Don't know if this helps, but apple Maps (and perhaps similarly the "own maps" on Android, whatever they are) actually connects fully to my car, in the sense that directions even appear on the dashboard. I find this helps not to miss turns (personally I actually mute the guidance itself).

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links