Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Dash display

BrianHo

Good morning, I am in the process of buying a 2001 lexus 300rx it has been parked up for over 2years, the remote key does not operate,the car starts but no dashboard display can you help 

Hi Brian, which Battery was charged- 12v or traction? After 2 years the 12V Battery could be sulphated and not charging properly. I would suggest vendor replaces it regardless. If 12v is relatively OK drivers window should lower and raise, when fully closed hold for about 5seconds to reset. Do the same for all windows individually at their respective doors. Once reset all windows should operate from drivers position. As for the instrumentation it may be the 12v again. My GS450h wont do anything if the 12v Battery has less than 11.7v/11.8v. I was doing low mileage and they were only lasting 2 to 3 years tops! Plenty of advice on other threads about replacing the 12v Battery for a fraction of the dealership price. Paul

If the dash isn't working, nor the windows, then possibly one of the main fuses has blown. I wonder if jump cables were connected the wrong way around, or is there the possibility that rodents have been chewing wiring in the engine bay?

7 hours ago, steve2006 said:

Hello Brian and welcome to the LOC.

Was the car jumped started?
Where has it been stored for the previous 2 years?
Have you replaced the key fob battery?

Hi Steve, I've been down to the car today,a bit of progress gone through the fuses got the passenger window to close, the red door open indicator shows on dashboard, yellow side indicators flash, I've interchanged relays , I'm sure it something soft, the bloke who had it before said he drove it before the problem with the dashboard, last thing the obd port is dead 

I’ll second that Colin, the Alt fuse often blows with jump starts or of course reverse polarity.

If you want to locate the fuse Brian to check it’s located in the engine bay fusebox. It’s not your normal plug in type but much larger with a clear plastic cover so easy to see if blown. A bit of a pig to replace as it is screw terminals are accessed from underneath.

Link to fuse box diagram fuse is number 47 in engine bay 

https://fuse-box.info/lexus/lexus-rx300-xu10-1999-2003-fuses

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links