Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Ok, dumb question

Ohoopee

Does my car only have 1 reverse bulb?  I just failed the NCT here in Ireland only because my reverse lights were out on the car.  I just pulled out the owners manual and found the little slot to replace the bulb but it appears to be on only the passenger side...is this accurate? 

I don't know specifically about the 2011 CT200h but yep, many cars from many manufacturers only have one reversing light and one rear fog light these days. Stupid idea but quite normal for many.

The older cars had two but the later cars have only one in my experience  2012=2, 2017=1. Just saving money I guess. All the exterior bits are there but there's nothing inside - cheapskates eh?

Ok, was just making sure.  There is another little hatch on the driver side as well but after pulling the light out, I looked through the whole and saw red instead of clear so this clearly wasn't a reverse light. 

25 minutes ago, Ohoopee said:

There is another little hatch on the driver side as well but after pulling the light out, I looked through the whole and saw red instead of clear so this clearly wasn't a reverse light.

Probably the rear fog light, and you only get one of them as well on many cars (not sure about the CT200).

I would have thought it pretty obvious that the reason for only having one now, is to discourage drivers from reversing, and also why we have that ridiculous siren blasting in our ear as soon as reverse gear is selected. You know, the one you cannot disable but cannot be heard outside the car to warn pedestrians. It's sole function is to remind drivers to ask themselves WTF was I thinking selecting that. These cars are only suitable for owners with circular driveways and those who park on turntables. ☺️

On 9/9/2024 at 11:42 AM, Poundy said:

I would have thought it pretty obvious that the reason for only having one now, is to discourage drivers from reversing, and also why we have that ridiculous siren blasting in our ear as soon as reverse gear is selected. You know, the one you cannot disable but cannot be heard outside the car to warn pedestrians. It's sole function is to remind drivers to ask themselves WTF was I thinking selecting that. These cars are only suitable for owners with circular driveways and those who park on turntables. ☺️

I think the reason for the siren is maybe due to the fact that in some models (1st series Auris, CT and Prius, except the last one) the gear lever is smaller than other models and does not keep the position selected (when you put in reverse or in D, the lever goes back to the middle position even though it is in reverse or D). In all other hybrid models the lever is bigger and holds the position (in my GS the lever stays in R or D and does not go back to the middle position), and maybe this is the reason why these models do not have the reverse siren.   

One of the first things I did when I bought my 14 plate CT 10 years ago was to get the Lexus dealer to change the settings to turn off the reversing ping. I have had 10 years of silent reversing. Thankfully my new LBX doesn’t exhibit the same issue. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links