Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hello All… I’m new to Lexus

Hi All,

thought I’d introduce myself as I’m just finalising the purchase of an 2022 RX 450h F-Sport with 19k on th clock. It’s a car I plan to hold onto for a while, so will be doing some interesting but subtle mods to it.

Just reading through the threads to see the experiences and challenges. I’m coming from a top spec Range Rover Evoque, but the number of attempted thefts I’ve thwarted and increasing premiums across fuel and insurance have helped me join the family.

I know the RX I’ve purchased has the security wheel arch plate installed and I plan to install at least a Ghost 2 and also a GPS tracker but I’m debating this still.

Anyway, I look forward to speaking, sharing and contributing to the group!

• Like 1

Welcome Nathaniel.

You’ll find a few discussions here on the merits of the Ghost system - and others - and I think they’re generally regarded as a good investment.

My contribution is not to discount the value of the old fashioned, highly visible steering wheel lock.  Of course, you may already have one.  But  if not than I can recommend Milenco.

https://www.milenco-outlet.co.uk/security/milenco-high-security-steering-wheel-lock-yellow.html

Apart from that, it will be interesting to compare the reliability of the Evoque and the Lexus as you’re planning to hold on to it for a while.

Hi. 

I'll just add, I recently started using the above Milenco steering lock and it is very easy to use and takes only a couple of seconds to attach/remove. I fit it with steering wheel facing forward on the left side and the handle tucks down nicely beside the centre console. I know any determined thief could probably find a way past it but I think it would take a while. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Metic_esq said:

Hi All,

thought I’d introduce myself as I’m just finalising the purchase of an 2022 RX 450h F-Sport with 19k on th clock. It’s a car I plan to hold onto for a while, so will be doing some interesting but subtle mods to it.

Just reading through the threads to see the experiences and challenges. I’m coming from a top spec Range Rover Evoque, but the number of attempted thefts I’ve thwarted and increasing premiums across fuel and insurance have helped me join the family.

I know the RX I’ve purchased has the security wheel arch plate installed and I plan to install at least a Ghost 2 and also a GPS tracker but I’m debating this still.

Anyway, I look forward to speaking, sharing and contributing to the group!

Welcome to the club!  You should find that the RX is more economical, far more reliable and as a result much cheaper to run overall.  Personally, I would fit a tracker and a decent after market immobiliser as Lexus have gone cold on delivering on their promise to sort the canbus issues (see other threads on this).  However, it's not the end of the world, as you can do a lot to deter even hardened thieves.  A good steering wheel lock for one (I'd recommend the disklok Gold Edition), tracker and geofence/immobiliser as well as the wheel arch plates will make the car far less attractive to would be criminals as it's not worth the trouble to try and bypass that, or at least increases their risk to significant.

The overwhelming consensus amongst RX owners is of almost total satisfaction with Gen3 and Gen4 cars which (imho anyway) were the best ones made.  Too early to say how newer ones will fair longer term but they have lost a lot of what made the 3/4 gen models special, including that sumptuous, effortless and buttery smooth V6 lump. 

The car delivers on wafting its occupants in total comfort over long distances yet with models like the F-Sport and Takumi with the electronically controlled variable suspension and sport+ modes handles surprising well and with more than enough overtaking oomph.

The downside to ownership, sadly, is the way that the insurance markets have reacted to the 4th gen models.  It's almost impossible to insure in some parts, and you'll pay two to three times more for the gen4 than the 3rd gen, and at least double, over the 5th gen on insurance premiums.  If you can accept the insurance hike, then it makes for a wonderful car.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, LenT said:

Welcome Nathaniel.

You’ll find a few discussions here on the merits of the Ghost system - and others - and I think they’re generally regarded as a good investment.

My contribution is not to discount the value of the old fashioned, highly visible steering wheel lock.  Of course, you may already have one.  But  if not than I can recommend Milenco.

https://www.milenco-outlet.co.uk/security/milenco-high-security-steering-wheel-lock-yellow.html

Apart from that, it will be interesting to compare the reliability of the Evoque and the Lexus as you’re planning to hold on to it for a while.

I Would Also recommend The Milenco Steering Wheel Lock...Would also advise to install CCTV Monitoring your car 24/07 Especially at Night if parked on a Drive...If anyone Comes near or Approaches my Car I KNOW ABOUT IT..........................

I have also installed a DB2 Tracker from Rewire Security Which Tracks the car 24/7 Easy To Install and also Displays 12v Battery and Hybrid Battery charge..Its The best Gadget i have Bought In years.......Price around £30 As Opposed to spending a lot of money on a Ghost System... Give it some scientific Thought..!!!! Welcome to the Group.. Cheers.!!!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, RONNIE W HODGEKINSON said:

If anyone Comes near or Approaches my Car I KNOW ABOUT IT..........................

I get my son to come round and keep an eye on the car while I am away. Here's a picture of him. He's a bit like me but thinner.

Top 15 Unbelievable Traffic Laws That Will Make You Laugh

• Haha 5

I wouldn't bother with the Ghost as the thieves won't know its fitted & still cause damage to the vehicle in a theft attempt. 

After market alarm / immobiliser upgrade is the sensible option as it will scare the thieves away as soon as the attempt to carry out CAN invader theft plus the immobiliser part of the system will stop it being driven away.

Hi. I have a 2022 RX450h F Sport. It drives beautifully but there are a few things that have spoiled my ownership experience.

One of the irritations is the cruise control. After actively slowing you down to the selected speed, the system will allow the car to over speed down hill. If it can slow you down why doesn't it maintain the set speed? My Kia Sorrento did.

I find the infotainment system infuriating with voice control a notable irritation. There are too many things to mention here.

I had to change all the numbers in my phone to start with +44 before the car would identify incoming calls.

I expected better from Lexus. I don't know if the updated models have the same issues.

I have learned to enjoy the car for the driving experience but I am disappointed with the irritations.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links