Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Does anyone find their EV button actually works when the car is cold and has been standing? 
My old NX used to go happily in EV mode and glide silently away from the house 'early doors' without bothering the neighbours, unless the Battery was down to one bar. My UX will almost always state 'EV mode not available' whenever I press it. Today 17c - 3 Battery bars - 'Not Available'! Only wanted to move the car 10 feet to a better wash position on the drive!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Lmafudd said:

Does anyone find their EV button actually works when the car is cold and has been standing? 

No, it is useless. These newer generation hybrid vehicles just don't allow you to use EV mode in the way the older ones did - almost not worth fitting the button anymore.

I do find however that you can sometimes move the vehicle without the petrol engine starting, especially if you quickly switch off the AC/Climate control so that doesn't trigger it to start.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ColinBarber said:

No, it is useless. These newer generation hybrid vehicles just don't allow you to use EV mode in the way the older ones did - almost not worth fitting the button anymore.

I do find however that you can sometimes move the vehicle without the petrol engine starting, especially if you quickly switch off the AC/Climate control so that doesn't trigger it to start.

I Would Agree Colin The EV Button Might Just as well Not Be there...Never use it..Let the computer Management system Control Everything..Once you go over 25mph EV Mode Cuts Out....Even under 25mph Only lasts for A Short time...No Good.!!

I find it works perfectly for me. Every morning I press the button as soon as Ready and pull away silently. One must press within approximately 5sec or the engine will fire up.

Interesting, I don't have any trouble with my NX, in fact I used it this morning as I wanted to take the car out of the garage to wash it.  

7 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

I find it works perfectly for me. Every morning I press the button as soon as Ready and pull away silently. One must press within approximately 5sec or the engine will fire up.

You don't have a UX though with a newer generation of hybrid system compared to your series IV RX. It doesn't matter how fast you press the button you are presented with an ev mode not available message over 90% of the time. It's the same with my son's Corolla which has the same engine/hybrid system as the UX250h.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

You don't have a UX though with a newer generation of hybrid system compared to your series IV RX. It doesn't matter how fast you press the button you are presented with an ev mode not available message over 90% of the time. It's the same with my son's Corolla which has the same engine/hybrid system as the UX250h.

I used to have a Gen 4 Prius before my NX which I believe had the same 4th Gen Hybrid system as the 250h and never had any trouble putting it in EV mode first thing in the morning, unless the Battery was below three bars. I would never use it for driving off silently as I would let the car do that itself, but use it just when I wanted to get the car out of the garage without the ICE starting.

I wonder what is different with the UX 🤔

10 minutes ago, stepppy said:

I used to have a Gen 4 Prius before my NX which I believe had the same 4th Gen Hybrid system as the 250h and never had any trouble putting it in EV mode first thing in the morning, unless the battery was below three bars. I would never use it for driving off silently as I would let the car do that itself, but use it just when I wanted to get the car out of the garage without the ICE starting.

I wonder what is different with the UX 🤔

So did I and that was fine. Possibly related to a Dynamic Force engine which the Prius 4 didn't have.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, RONNIE W HODGEKINSON said:

I Would Agree Colin The EV Button Might Just as well Not Be there...Never use it..Let the computer Management system Control Everything..Once you go over 25mph EV Mode Cuts Out....Even under 25mph Only lasts for A Short time...No Good.!!

I’ve had mine in EV mode at 76mph😉 ……and the light stayed on whilst (gently) depressing the loud pedal….but not for too long I hasten to add🤣

• Like 3

On 9/9/2024 at 8:15 AM, Pauly C said:

I’ve had mine in EV mode at 76mph😉 ……and the light stayed on whilst (gently) depressing the loud pedal….but not for too long I hasten to add🤣

…..whilst it was legal to do so of course😉

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links