Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Locked charging plug

Just seen this video about a locked charging plug and the guy saying you can't stop a charge  until it reaches the charge set by the car. Apparently the guy spoke to Lexus CS who couldn't help and the owner is apparently on this forum. Who could that be? Have to say I haven't had a problem stopping a charge on a Tesla charger using the app..

39 minutes ago, John Adams said:

Just seen this video about a locked charging plug and the guy saying you can't stop a charge  until it reaches the charge set by the car. Apparently the guy spoke to Lexus CS who couldn't help and the owner is apparently on this forum. Who could that be? Have to say I haven't had a problem stopping a charge on a Tesla charger using the app..

Really Interesting John ..Now here,s a Thing... What would happen if The Car Started Emmitting Smoke with the Potential of Fire.. In That situation What could you possibly Do If The car Is in Complete Control..Very Dangerous Situation.....Lexus Needs to Address This And quickly.....IMHO

9 minutes ago, RONNIE W HODGEKINSON said:

Really Interesting John ..Now here,s a Thing... What would happen if The Car Started Emmitting Smoke with the Potential of Fire.. In That situation What could you possibly Do If The car Is in Complete Control..Very Dangerous Situation.....Lexus Needs to Address This And quickly.....IMHO

It would be interesting to know if this car has had the software update. I had multiple problem with charging when I first had the car but mine was related to getting the plug to lock so I could start the charge , not stop it which was never a problem.  Since the software update I haven't -touch wood- had a problem. I  have used a Tesla charger a couple of times and stopped without problem. I do agree however that the software is generally poor as stated in the video

Well there's an 8 minutes video that didn't need to be more than 2. Not sure why he said the Lexus uses an LFP Battery - it doesn't.

1 hour ago, RONNIE W HODGEKINSON said:

Not sure what Lexus could do in that situation - you don't want to be entering the vehicle if it is smoking so you wouldn't be able to stop charging even if Lexus add proper controls in the vehicle. Obviously the app should be able to stop charging remotely, but that relies on a mobile data signal which might not be available. The charger itself would soon notice an issue and trip out though if something serious happened.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links