Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

What year model did you buy? 

Agree that run flats are noisy, but also harden the ride significantly. 

Change them to see if this solves your problem.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

...and..??  Have you bothered, as has been suggested by other forum members here, to look into the reasons why?  Try looking at the tyres...and I'd be surprised if the garage you bought it from accepted your rejection🙄

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vectron said:

Bought a 2023 model it’s got Bridgestone tires 

My 2024 300h came with Bridgestone also, but they are not run flats. 

I will use them and eventually replace them with Michelin or Pirelli.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, saz318 said:

My 2024 300h came with Bridgestone also, but they are not run flats. 

I will use them and eventually replace them with Michelin or Pirelli.

I Would go with Mitchelin Over Pirelli I Think Although Both Really Good Tyres....

• Like 1

Yet again (I read) owners talking about road noise.

Run flats are noisy (plain & simple)

Tyres that look like slices on bacon are noisy on “any” car.

Do not buy anything that includes the words Sport or Run Flat and always select the smallest “wheel” size available which will mean that the “wheel” will have the biggest tyre to absorb the noise that all tyre’s make.

IMO (for what it is worth) in the UK now, or even the EU the “Sport” option will odds on leads to payments to our masters & as that option costs more why bother ?

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, VFR said:

Yet again (I read) owners talking about road noise.

Run flats are noisy (plain & simple)

Tyres that look like slices on bacon are noisy on “any” car.

Do not buy anything that includes the words Sport or Run Flat and always select the smallest “wheel” size available which will mean that the “wheel” will have the biggest tyre to absorb the noise that all tyre’s make.

IMO (for what it is worth) in the UK now, or even the EU the “Sport” option will odds on leads to payments to our masters & as that option costs more why bother ?

I'm confused about a couple of things in your post VFR but would really like to know what "Tyres that look like slices on bacon are noisy on “any” car". actually means? I can't say that I've seen this phenomena!

• Like 2

Low profile tyres, so could look like slices of bacon a term that you may well hear in the South east.

A fashionable look for many but give a terrible ride especially on today’s roads.

19 minutes ago, VFR said:

Low profile tyres, so could look like slices of bacon a term that you may well hear in the South east.

A fashionable look for many but give a terrible ride especially on today’s roads.

Good to know. Thank you. 
I was thinking they looked like this:

British Bacon Rolls - Bluebonnet Baker

• Haha 3

When I recently bought my 2020 car, the new tyres, were a bit noisy.

Over a few hundred miles they have mellowed.

19 minutes ago, PCM said:

Over a few hundred miles they have mellowed

Or maybe you are getting used to it?  Michelin Pilot tyres ( I am reliably informed by my tyre supplier ) are notoriously hard but sticky, they pick up nails that other tyres don't pick up. I can hear any gravel sticking to the tyres for a few hundred yards. But they are very grippy in the dry. The wet I am not as sure but 400HP through the back wheels doesn't help.

22 hours ago, RONNIE W HODGEKINSON said:

I Would go with Mitchelin Over Pirelli I Think Although Both Really Good Tyres....

indeed...  I have had both on my Mini Cooper. In that particular car, I liked the Pirelli a lot, but yes... both are excellent.

• Like 2

On 9/6/2024 at 4:26 PM, Pauly C said:

...and..??  Have you bothered, as has been suggested by other forum members here, to look into the reasons why?  Try looking at the tyres...and I'd be surprised if the garage you bought it from accepted your rejection🙄

They have fully refunded me.

• Like 1

I have today pick up a 2023 late UX 250 demo model with 986 miles on the clock a sport premium model with sunroof ect and the Road noise is amazingly low compared to the one I rejected, Lexus said that the model has much better sound proofing, and Dunlop Japan made runflats, it’s incredible the difference.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, geller1968 said:

I have today pick up a 2023 late UX 250 demo model with 986 miles on the clock a sport premium model with sunroof ect and the Road noise is amazingly low compared to the one I rejected, Lexus said that the model has much better sound proofing, and Dunlop Japan made runflats, it’s incredible the difference.

Well I think you’ve done well…I am genuinely surprised.  I had my BMW for over 10 years, always had run flats….so I guess I’m used to them by now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Had a Top Spec 2024 UXe Loan car yesterday .

Had Michelin RunFlats & gave a plush ride that was a touch softer than my LBX.

The drive was perfect with zero resonance issues on inclines etcetera .

Beautiful car ,if dated, but lacks universal charging & poor range if you drive it swiftly.

Tel

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/11/2024 at 1:44 PM, geller1968 said:

I have today pick up a 2023 late UX 250 demo model...

Lexus said that the model has much better sound proofing...

I wonder if that was just sales speak on indeed true?

Be fascinating to know what/where the 'sound proofing' deadening was in the car...

When the UXe was launched Lexus said the UXe had more spot welds & extensive sound deadening in the wheel arches etc..

I was so impressed I had a 48hr. Test Drive but the Range was its Achilles heal.

Tel

• Thanks 1

On 9/14/2024 at 8:00 AM, PCM said:

I wonder if that was just sales speak on indeed true?

Be fascinating to know what/where the 'sound proofing' deadening was in the car...

They have improved it by 1.7 dB which is quite significant in sound terms but in the roof, B pillars and “elsewhere”.  They also added gussets towards the front to stiffen it.  Generally, stiffer means quieter.  

IMG_1084.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links