Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hi to all members here , just joined the group .

I have just picked up my first Lexus NX450h+ and so far very pleased with the car.

I have always had BMW and traded my BMW G30 and got this one.

Fitted wall charger yesterday as well rather than using 3 pin plug , will see how long it takes to charge .

WhatsApp Image 2024-09-05 at 11.02.35.jpeg

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, RONNIE W HODGEKINSON said:

Welcome Kamran To This Very Knowledgeable club....Members on this Site will help you in any way they Can...Enjoy.!!!

Thanks mate 

I have been on BMW forums for last 10 years or so and loved it hopefully will have good time here too.

I will be doing some moderate mods on my NX coz i dont' like standard cars LOL 

First of all not keen on alloys , need some decent style alloys 

• Like 1

Welcome Kamran. I had a NX450h+ prior to my current RX.

Great car. Full charge from zero via the wallbox charger should take no more than 2.5 hours. From a standard 3 pin socket it will be around 8 hours. It's worth looking at a tariff that will allow off peak charging. I have Octopus Go which presently has a low rate of 8p kWh between 00.30 and 5.30am. Basically allows you to get a full charge for under £1.20.  Best eclusive EV mileage I achieved with the NX was 51 miles. Average would be c40 miles.

Happy motoring!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ken R said:

Welcome Kamran. I had a NX450h+ prior to my current RX.

Great car. Full charge from zero via the wallbox charger should take no more than 2.5 hours. From a standard 3 pin socket it will be around 8 hours. It's worth looking at a tariff that will allow off peak charging. I have Octopus Go which presently has a low rate of 8p kWh between 00.30 and 5.30am. Basically allows you to get a full charge for under £1.20.  Best eclusive EV mileage I achieved with the NX was 51 miles. Average would be c40 miles.

Happy motoring!

Thanks mate 

I charged car on Monday night with 3 pin plug took nearly 8hrs and showed 45miles still got 20miles left so will charge with box when it runs out 

Going to ring octopus see what they offer but seems they only offering this rate if you get wall box fitted from them or is it not that case ?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, KK450h said:

Going to ring octopus see what they offer but seems they only offering this rate if you get wall box fitted from them or is it not that case ?

Octopus Go is available to anyone with a smart meter (which Octopus can install if required). To go on their EV tariff (Intelligent Octopus Go) you need either a supported charger or supported vehicle (not Lexus) so they can control charging times - it doesn’t need to be installed by them but they can offer that service. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KK450h said:

Thanks mate 

I charged car on Monday night with 3 pin plug took nearly 8hrs and showed 45miles still got 20miles left so will charge with box when it runs out 

I use a Hive charger from BG which was the Lexus "approved" unit in 2022 and was supplied as part of the deal when I bought the NX450h.

It isn't as yet compatible for Intelligent Octopus Go but standard Octopus Go is available.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Ken R said:

I use a Hive charger from BG which was the Lexus "approved" unit in 2022 and was supplied as part of the deal when I bought the NX450h.

It isn't as yet compatible for Intelligent Octopus Go but standard Octopus Go is available.

I have Eris HV charger 7.0kw which isn’t on octopus approved charger , their chargers costing min £899 where I got mine fitted £499 got discount through work 

we will speak to octopus see what they say but even if they don’t on our normal rate only costing £3.5 to charge which is still not that bad considering we were paying nearly £100 on fuel per month 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, KK450h said:

I have Eris HV charger 7.0kw which isn’t on octopus approved charger , their chargers costing min £899 where I got mine fitted £499 got discount through work 

we will speak to octopus see what they say but even if they don’t on our normal rate only costing £3.5 to charge which is still not that bad considering we were paying nearly £100 on fuel per month 

You cannot get Intelligent Go then, but just the standard Go tariff may benefit you. The 4 hours cheap rate period is more than enough time to charge any PHEV including the 450h+. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

You cannot get Intelligent Go then, but just the standard Go tariff may benefit you. The 4 hours cheap rate period is more than enough time to charge any PHEV including the 450h+. 

Don't forget that in both GO tariffs the KWH rate outside the cheap hours is increased over the SVT rate by a %.

So worth moving other (washing machine , dishwasher) kWh to the cheap hours if you can manage it. Otherwise it might be cheaper on the SVT unless you use up all EV miles most days.

Hope that makes sense.

• Like 4

I don't charge the car every day but overall the Octopus Go tariff has worked out significantly cheaper than the SVT. Usual monthly overall cost is c16.8p /kWh and that's without moving other power consumption devices to take advantage of the off peak rate.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hayzee said:

Don't forget that in both GO tariffs the KWH rate outside the cheap hours is increased over the SVT rate by a %.

So worth moving other (washing machine , dishwasher) kWh to the cheap hours if you can manage it. Otherwise it might be cheaper on the SVT unless you use up all EV miles most days.

Hope that makes sense.

Yes, which I why I say it may benefit. It all depends on your non vehicle usage, if you can benefit from the cheap overnight rate for water heating, clothes washing, dishwasher etc., and how much vehicle charging you actually expect to do.

It hasn't always been the case but currently there is very little difference in the day rate on Go vs other tariffs, and strangely Go is cheaper than some.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

Mrs spoke to octupus today they said same thing but they said if we go variable tariff then they will offer 8.5p kw off peak 11.30-5.30 , at the moment we have it fixed 22.5p all day n night 

car shows 10miles range now , charged on Monday night which means will have to charge twice a week and if 2.5hrs charging time it will cost around £10 which is still good for us

BG offering us same off peak time 7p kw same timing and fixed rate but we fixed with octupus till end of next month 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ken R said:

I don't charge the car every day but overall the Octopus Go tariff has worked out significantly cheaper than the SVT. Usual monthly overall cost is c16.8p /kWh and that's without moving other power consumption devices to take advantage of the off peak rate.

It’s showing 45% Battery but only 5 miles ??

last time showed zero miles on EV but there were still 2 bars showing on Speedo EV side 

I am confused 😕 

IMG_0228.png

Hi, I would suggest it is because the car retains 30% Battery to be able to operate as a normal hybrid. Therefore it currently has 13% available to operate as pure EV. Hope that explains why 

• Like 3

Car will always show the two bars when the exclusive ev range reaches zero (Once ran it to a single bar) as this is the "reserved" portion of the Battery for hv mode.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, KK450h said:

It’s showing 45% battery but only 5 miles ??

When Battery reaches 30% the car switches to hybrid mode.

so the total range calculation is for between 30% and 100%

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links