Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Economy Driving NX300h

Tried some economy driving just to see what I could get out of my NX.

Not totally accurate, as based on computer, but gave me an indication.

50mph - gentle acceleration (staying in the BLUE zone) - Aircon switched off.

20 mile journey - 57.6 mpg Interesting but boring!

• Like 1

I don't think this model is renowned for it's economy. That's pretty impressive though even if you risk having a siesta at the wheel having to drive like that!

I don't think the AWD F sport model that I've just bought is that great on fuel. Especially for a hybrid. However I'm just viewing it as a fairly heavy petrol engined vehicle that should be be very reliable. Any fuel economy is a bonus. 

1 hour ago, superatticman said:

I don't think this model is renowned for it's economy. That's pretty impressive though even if you risk having a siesta at the wheel having to drive like that!

I don't think the AWD F sport model that I've just bought is that great on fuel. Especially for a hybrid. However I'm just viewing it as a fairly heavy petrol engined vehicle that should be be very reliable. Any fuel economy is a bonus. 

I could not agree more Adam!  They are lovely cars to drive. We are inclined to forget that it is a 2.5 litre engine.

37 mpg is more normal for me.

• Like 1

57.6 mpg is impressive. I ran a NX300h for 4 years from 2018 and recorded every refuelling to monitor economy. Best I ever achieved was 46.32mpg and poorest 33.8mpg. Over a total mileage of 31500 miles I averaged c41mpg. Seasonal temperatures play a major factor - best mpg performance was in the summer months and worst in winter.

Great car.

I always drive in Eco , definitely an improvement on Normal and sport mode . Overall mpg is 42 , but most journeys after a refill it tends to be around 50 mpg . Not bad for a heavy, biggish car . 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ken R said:

57.6 mpg is impressive. I ran a NX300h for 4 years from 2018 and recorded every refuelling to monitor economy. Best I ever achieved was 46.32mpg and poorest 33.8mpg. Over a total mileage of 31500 miles I averaged c41mpg. Seasonal temperatures play a major factor - best mpg performance was in the summer months and worst in winter.

Great car.

I would often get 52 mpg after a journey 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links