Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Electric Tariff UX E …Best deals on RZ

Morning everyone, I would like some feedback on what elec & Gas tariff you clever people use for you car.

Im currently with outfox the market , who charge me 21 per kWh at any time , 67p standing charge, when I do a bit of digging around, most of the best deals don’t support the Lexus Ux E , or my Rolec crap charger ?

octopus seem to have a good deal, Is this the one you guys use most ??

my car is a Takumi model,an earlier  model with range of circa 190 miles, its now got 24,000 miles on and runs like a dream, my current deal runs out in January, so i might get the RZ model, if anyone has heard of any good contract hire / lease deals, over 36 months let me know …..THANKS IN ADVANCE 😄

I charge my UXe overnight on cheap rate. Put it on charge with a range of 50 miles left to start via the app at midnight and it is cooked by 5 am. 
British Gas tariff Electric Driver v5. Off peak (midnight to 5am) 8.95 p per kWh. Peak 31.31 p standing charge 59.14p

There is a newer Tarif v9

off Peak 7.90p

peak 27.14p

standing charge 62.83p

I use a Zappi charger but the time delay to charge is managed by the car via the Lexus Link + app 

I don’t think the charger has to support your car. Use the car to delay the charge not the charger. Try it. Use the Lexus link app to set a scheduled charge, plug in and wait. 

58 minutes ago, Yorkshire Lexus said:

But your no better off paying 8 p off peak then 32 for the rest of the home ?

I pay 21p all day ..?

That would depend on how much usage you can shift to the off-peak period (e.g. dishwasher, washing machine etc. delay start to overnight).

Octopus Go off-peak is only 4 hours (8.5p (four hours) / 24.5p) -  this is okay if you don't have a charger/car that supports Intelligent Octopus Go (7p (six hours) / 24.5p).

I started off using the Lexus charging scheduler on the car with Octopus Go but found it very limiting and the 4 hours available was not always enough time to get a full charge. I ended up getting an Ohme charger and moving onto the Intelligent Octopus Go tariff, now with the Ohme app controlling everything with dynamic charging it will charge at the lowest tariff whenever it is available which can be at any time of the day in addition to the 11:30pm to 5:30am period.

5 hours ago, Yorkshire Lexus said:

But your no better off paying 8 p off peak then 32 for the rest of the home ?

I pay 21p all day ..?

Most of my electric usage during the day is supplied from the solar panels and if it is sunny I can send it back to the grid. 

• Like 2

🐙 Intelligent Go, a Zappi and a few solar panels with 🔋🔋🔋's chucked in = pretty much just the standing charge to pay. 😃 Won't benefit as much as the days draw in though. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RXtoNX said:

Octopus Go (East of England rates)

00.30 - 05.30.   8.5p/kwh

0530 - 00.30.    24.39p/kwh

Standing charge 47.85/day

East Central Scotland tariff on Octopus Go.

00.30 - 5.30- 8.5p/kWh

5.30 - 00.30- 22.96p/kWh

Standing charge - 61.25p / day

It’s the standing charge that ruins it. When my mums flat was empty the only electric device switched on was the smart meter and it was still costing £30 a month in standing charge. 

• Sad 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links