Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

12v Battery monitor.

Go to solution Solved by ColinBarber,

Hi, I've just bought a nearly new LBX, love it, slowly getting my head round all the tech. With all the posts on 12v Battery issues, I'm thinking of fitting a Battery monitor to keep an eye on things.

Has anyone fitted one, if so which one or type?

Dave

• Solution

These work well if you want to peridocially and manually keep an eye on the voltage but you would only get an alert if you are stay within Bluetooth range so isn't a good solution if you aren't taking the time to check and just expect a automatic notification that its time to charge the Battery.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Battery-Monitor-Campervans-Compatible-bluetooth/dp/B08VHMJYXY

• Like 1

Hi Colin, thanks for that, it's good to know they work well. I'd only want to check it occasionally, so something like that would be fine, also thinking about the Ctek monitor, only red, amber & green leds, but would probably suffice, also easy to connect Ctek charger, unless someone knows different. 

Cheers Dave 

Hi Dave

Congrats and glad you liking your car as I am I 🙂 

As you may have seen from my posts, I too even have the solar wiring harness direct to the Battery (which my dealer fitted), but for added safety I have a digital version I plug into the 12v cigarette lighter. Granted it's a bit out of sight, and only functional when the car is on, but gives me peace of mind on start up what the charge of my Battery is like. I do agree with Colin though his solution is probably a better offering.

Thanks EEH,

I thought of a 12v cigarette plug in version, as it would be the simplest, but as you say the car has to be on (ready) for it to be powered, so you only get the charging voltage from the traction Battery. Nice to have a bit more information, but ideally I want to see the voltage with no charging voltage applied. I thought about rewiring the cigarette lighter socket to a permanent feed, but as it's a new car, I'd rather not mess about with it.

I have just found Ctek monitor for less than £9, so I'll give that a try first.

Thanks for the help guys.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links