Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Very impressed

Picked up my LBX today and put it in a friend’s barn overnight as I have put a ceramic coating on it and it has to cure overnight before getting wet, I wasn’t going to do it but Detail online are selling titan 12 ceramic coating for £12 so worth a try.

Dell

IMG_0136.thumb.jpeg.727a2cc28045067fa0606c6b66bbea55.jpeg

IMG_2938.thumb.jpeg.8364f08e351448e3b31e8a009c3850e0.jpeg

IMG_2937.thumb.jpeg.e09c9bb3612771d9e1df53d115caf62a.jpeg

• Like 9

Congratulations Dell. Looks brilliant and had my car ceramic coated as well. Three weeks on and she is still looking shiny and mint 🙂 Happy motoring

Beautiful! I didn't even consider a ceramic coat, this is a great tip. 
What was your lead time from ordering if you don't mind me asking?

4 hours ago, lotoit said:

Beautiful!
Have you also applied the product to your vehicle glass?

I have it for the glass as well but it needs to be put on when wet so waiting until I was it.

35 minutes ago, NFS said:

Beautiful! I didn't even consider a ceramic coat, this is a great tip. 
What was your lead time from ordering if you don't mind me asking?

If you mean the car then it was already in the UK but if you mean the ceramic coat then I did it myself.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Dells said:

Thanks Lexus wanted £695 I paid £12 and an hour of work.

Typically a ceramic coating treatment would include a lot of prep to remove all swirl marks and holograms - that's more than an hour's work before you even apply the coating.

17 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

Typically a ceramic coating treatment would include a lot of prep to remove all swirl marks and holograms - that's more than an hour's work before you even apply the coating.

Agreed, also when I changed my mind and decided to have mine coated (Gen-3), my car was delayed as the company that does the ceramic coating had to strip the car of the existing polish that had been applied, this is to ensure it adheres correctly.

I didn’t realise that had to be done, but after talking to the coating guys I am a lot more enlightened than I was. 

I removed all the wax residue with panel wipe and the paint work looked good so carried on with coating, if the car wasn’t new then I would of clayed it then mopped it beforehand.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links