Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Recommendations for Dog Crate/bed

Hello everyone!

Very excited to collect a Lexus 250h later this week. After being lured in with the Takumi extras I now realise I need to accommodate my dog with the smallish boot and cream leather seats.....  Looking for recommendations for a dog crate which will fit the boot size/shape or a good portable dog bed/box I can put on the back seat.  Dog is smallish (Cavapoo) and happy in a crate.  Loves to get muddy and roll in fox poo so not wanting him to sit on the seats without protection.  Any advice/experience really appreciated.  The year of car is 2021.  Thank you!

Hi Sophie,

I hope you're enjoying the UX  - I loved it.  I traded it in this year for an LBX, so I am aware of the UX's boot size.  Would it not be possible to simply allow the dog to sit on the rubber boot liner?  

Thank you for your reply Goodplan53.  I think that my dog wouldn't stay in the boot if I did that and try and get over the rear seats into the back.  He's a very active dog and gets muddy so a cage is ideal but not sure of the dimensions of the boot.  Do you know where I can find this out?  I collect the car on Friday but ideally would like to get the cage ready so we can go off on our walks.  He wasn't with me when I was choosing the car 🤣 else I might have thought twice about cream seats.  I'm not even sure I want to allow my teenage son in the car and definitely no eating chocolate or crisps!!!  

IMG_3021.jpeg

• Like 1

Ha ha - he looks like quite a scamp! Lovely dog! The head rests on the rear seats plus the middle one would act as an effective dog guard fully extended or you could check Lexus Parts Direct and enter your model.  They definitely do have divided dog guards for the RX and NX as I’ve had both. The divider effectively makes a cage.  But not sure if they do a Lexus dog guard for the UX.  

The issue with an aftermarket cage is the steeply sloping rear door.  I understand that you can have them custom made to fit any car - worth searching online.  

Have you spoken with the dealer? They might offer better advice - the service department certainly has all the dimensions.  

Cute looking dog!

I take my 40kilo Weimaraner in the back of the UX,I have a custom made cover from Rhino, it covers the whole of the boot and covers the back seats which I fold down,I have a split in the cover so I can put 1 or 2 seats up or down,my boy wears a harness and I clip him into the seat belt with a very slight stretchy amount of movement,I’ve used this set up in my last couple of cars and last couple of dogs and it works a treat.

Enjoy your UX Takumi,I have the same car,I keep looking at cars but this is the sweet spot for me,you have made a great choice!

Thanks for the compliments on Toby - he appreciates the feedback!

I have ordered this crate off amazon and think it should fit as it has a sloping front.  Smaller than the one we had before but he's a pretty small dog.  If it doesn't fit I'll look at the Rhino cover and maybe get a dog guard instead.  

image.thumb.png.751d603ff2d2c1bf3f0918af5b90e85d.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links