Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

WFA - latest

I hate to post this Malc but here is the latest from Cabinet member Lucy Powell, 

"The UK could have faced a run on the pound and an economic crash if Rachel Reeves had not axed winter fuel payments for millions of pensioners to fill a black hole in the public finances, Commons Leader Lucy Powell said." 

Even the wisest from Aristotle to Roger Scruton could not have comprehended a system whereby people like this have an overiding executive authority over the electorate. To say I despair doesn't come even close to the sense of foreboding I can't shake off. 🙁🙁🙁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Let’s just see what happens when the House Sits next week 

Labour Govt will forever be reminded of their scant regard  for the welfare of the nations OAPs ……. and ensuing premature deaths 

Enough deaths and DWP will have surplus in their pensions budget 

Theyre just total impossible awful people in Govt 

SHAME ON STARMER.   SHAME ON REEVES 

Malc 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Malc1 said:

Let’s just see what happens when the House Sits next week 

Labour Govt will forever be reminded of their scant regard  for the welfare of the nations OAPs ……. and ensuing premature deaths 

Enough deaths and DWP will have surplus in their pensions budget 

Theyre just total impossible awful people in Govt 

SHAME ON STARMER.   SHAME ON REEVES 

Malc 

And it doesn't end! 

Labour denied plans to restrict outdoor smoking are an attack on pubs after dire warnings struggling hospitality businesses will go to the wall.

Commons Leader Lucy Powell said the government wants to see a “smoke free country” as she dodged questions about the scale of the ban being planned.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Phil xxkr said:

And it doesn't end! 

Labour denied plans to restrict outdoor smoking are an attack on pubs after dire warnings struggling hospitality businesses will go to the wall.

Commons Leader Lucy Powell said the government wants to see a “smoke free country” as she dodged questions about the scale of the ban being planned.

Maybe she should have thought do the voters of this country want to see a "smoke free country"?. What the "govt" wants is irrelevant.

This of course will be lost upon them. They actually think voters want them to impose their views rather than consult with people as to their views. That's what happens when ideology has no control imposed on it.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Boomer54 said:

Maybe she should have thought do the voters of this country want to see a "smoke free country"?. What the "govt" wants is irrelevant.

This of course will be lost upon them. They actually think voters want them to impose their views rather than consult with people as to their views. That's what happens when ideology has no control imposed on it.

Exactly so! Do you think smoke free will extend to wood burners and barbecues in the garden? 😱

Bonfires and Tower Blocks too 🥵.   One's Xmas table and other, church candles 

Labour Govt will too abolish the remnants of OAPs open hearth fires especially, the final bastion for home heating of course ……. chestnuts roasting on an open fire ……… such Christian’s Christmas Festivities likely to be banned …….. that toasting fork the last bastion of a hot toasted crumpet for that teatime lifesaver …….. jeeeez wot on earth is the next step to punish us OAPs 🤔

Malc 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Phil xxkr said:

Exactly so! Do you think smoke free will extend to wood burners and barbecues in the garden? 😱

I think that as usual they will find idea and execution are a galaxy apart. How in heavens name do you actually enforce this idea? 

As time goes by I have lost respect for govt and thus the rule of law THEY decide upon. Once upon a time I would have said "break a law", absolutely not. Nowadays I think if you make legal crapp I will ignore it and go my own way. That's what a loss of respect and credibility gets you.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links