Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

21 minutes ago, Scotlex said:

Any idea why Lexus call the "sun roof" a "moon roof"?

It could be an Americanism as I know they used to use the term Moonroof for a 'normal' sunroof.

• Like 1

Historically a sunroof was a solid metal sliding opening panel and a moon-roof was a clear glass opening panel. nowadays the terms are interchangeable.

Lexus are using the term 'correctly' or at least the translators are!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

Historically a sunroof was a solid metal sliding opening panel and a moon-roof was a clear glass opening panel. nowadays the terms are interchangeable.

Lexus are using the term 'correctly' or at least the translators are!

Yes. Translators are probably to blame.

I have always liked a sun roof and have had a few but have never heard of the moon roof description.

Every day is a school day 😅

Always enjoy a sunroof/moonroof/panoramic roof and have tried to specify them over the years. Worst experience was when I had a Peugeot 405 estate with a sunroof that leaked from day one! Was returned to the dealer numerous times without a successful cure. Didn't keep it for long!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rayaans said:

Perhaps its because in the UK we seem to get more Moon than Sun...?

Certainly this "summer" that has been true 😅

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hintonwood said:

Since my first MG Maestro in 1985 I have always associated Sunroofs with weather seal leaks!😱

Panoramic roofs sound much more watertight!😂

I had an MG Metro which was actually a great car apart from the water leak. I never did solve the leak problem 🙈 

11 hours ago, rayaans said:

Perhaps its because in the UK we seem to get more Moon than Sun...?

Here in the NW UK we don't get much Sun. We don't get much moon either, because the clouds and heavy rain obscure it.

The first time I saw the milky way ( no, not the chocolate bar!! ) was when we lived in the French countryside with no light pollution.

2 hours ago, hintonwood said:

No one ever did!😂

So many times I thought I had fixed the leak (sunroof / moonroof, heater intake, windows, floor.....) but water still managed to get in. I was an expert at removing the seats and carpet. I really wouldn't like to attempt to remove the seats and carpet of an NX 😅

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, GMB said:

Here in the NW UK we don't get much Sun. We don't get much moon either, because the clouds and heavy rain obscure it.

The first time I saw the milky way ( no, not the chocolate bar!! ) was when we lived in the French countryside with no light pollution.

Certainly this "summer" I have probably seen the moon more than the sun 🙄

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Scotlex said:

I had an MG Metro which was actually a great car apart from the water leak. I never did solve the leak problem 🙈 

I had three MG Metros in my youth and I loved them all. My brand new D registered one had a factory roof and never leaked once 😃  

My early 1983 with Black Seats was my favourite though!

• Like 1

Mine was white with red seat belts. The red seat belts seemed special 😅.

1985 I think and it was actually a great wee car. Never let us down and brilliant in the snow.

Shame about the poor bodywork.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Scotlex said:

Mine was white with red seat belts. The red seat belts seemed special 😅.

1985 I think and it was actually a great wee car. Never let us down and brilliant in the snow.

Shame about the poor bodywork.

I had a zircon blue metallic MG Metro. Took delivery on 1st August 1982. 10 days later a van reversed into it resulting in a new tailgate. The bodyshop took about 3 attempts to get the decals applied without bubbles! Reliable throughout my years of ownership but had to get the alloys replaced under warranty.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links