Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

The King of MPG

OK, who's got the highest recorded MPG on their UX over the longest period of time?  The longer the period, the higher the MPG wins.  I only reset mine about 10 days ago (currently reading 57 mpg) so I won't worry about throwing my hat into the ring just yet....😉😄Maybe we can have an annual award ceremony?😉

• Like 1

Don't you think it takes the fun out of driving trying to eek the highest possible MPG. I appreciate we are all different 🙂 

• Like 2

For every high there has to be a low. I am now on my 3rd UX and it is now 10 months old this week and I have done 2065 miles. My 2 previous UX’s had less than 5000 on the clock when sold. My mpg today for 2065 miles is 46.7. I never reset it. My car has never been on a motorway, all mileage is local. During the summer my previous UX reached 51.5 last summer but has not been great this year. 
I have never driven in sport mode as when I did try it I found it too fierce. The majority of my miles are in ECO mode as it’s soft for town work.

A bit more context I am retired, 75 years old and never in a hurry to get anywhere.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Richard1200 said:

For every high there has to be a low. I am now on my 3rd UX and it is now 10 months old this week and I have done 2065 miles. My 2 previous UX’s had less than 5000 on the clock when sold. My mpg today for 2065 miles is 46.7. I never reset it. My car has never been on a motorway, all mileage is local. During the summer my previous UX reached 51.5 last summer but has not been great this year. 
I have never driven in sport mode as when I did try it I found it too fierce. The majority of my miles are in ECO mode as it’s soft for town work.

A bit more context I am retired, 75 years old and never in a hurry to get anywhere.

To date,I’ve spent most of my miles pottering around minor A and B roads which have pushed up my average.  You don’t go anywhere that fast in my county so the UX is perfect.  I wouldn’t call it a motorway cruiser, ride’s a bit fidgety I think, but cruising at 70mph I’d still get over 50mpg.  It took about 10 days, after the reset, for it to settle down and - as I say - is now just over 57 mpg.  I don’t think you buy a UX for it’s driving dynamics….you buy it for the economy, dependability, comfort and the looks.  It will also, of course, keep that little bit of badge snobbery that still resides within some of us more than happy😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/29/2024 at 6:48 AM, Lmafudd said:

Just do the under two miles 'school run' a few times a week and watch the mpg suffer!

Is your school run uphill both ways?😉

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Pauly C said:

Is your school run uphill both ways?😉

Partly uphill yes but obviously not both ways. Short journeys, cold engine = low mpg. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lmafudd said:

Partly uphill yes but obviously not both ways. Short journeys, cold engine = low mpg. 

A lame attempt at a joke Charles😉 I think your MPG should somehow be better😉

Sorry, I did recognise the attempt at humour but thought you also queried my comment. I'm afraid local, short journeys always erodes mpg. Realistically I should buy an electric vehicle since retiring but just can't bring myself to do it. We like to go to Cornwall most years and don't relish two charging stops on top of a five hour drive.

• Like 5

I get the best mileage during short trips because the hybrid system is working so well.  There’s hundreds of hybrid taxis in Manchester and they do the same.  I’m getting over 60 on my run to work which split roughly evenly between rural hilly, motorway and stop start traffic.  I think it’s still improving with 2800 on it.  

• Like 2

Interesting that Richard1200 is on his third UX and monitors his fuel consumption.

I take a different approach - I try and keep my cars as long as possible, because of the substantial emissions in manufacturing a new car.  I had my Lexus IS200 for 15 years and 120k miles, and only changed because of some rust issues and needing better headlights.  My replacement Audi Q3 was 10mpg better, but I only kept it for 7 years because it was becoming unreliable and I really didn't like driving it.  My UX is 10mpg better that the Audi, and I hope I will be able to keep it  for a long time as I don't do a big mileage.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, johdhm said:

Interesting that Richard1200 is on his third UX and monitors his fuel consumption.

I take a different approach - I try and keep my cars as long as possible, because of the substantial emissions in manufacturing a new car.  I had my Lexus IS200 for 15 years and 120k miles, and only changed because of some rust issues and needing better headlights.  My replacement Audi Q3 was 10mpg better, but I only kept it for 7 years because it was becoming unreliable and I really didn't like driving it.  My UX is 10mpg better that the Audi, and I hope I will be able to keep it  for a long time as I don't do a big mileage.

I only had my 250h for 10 months from brand new and the Yaris Cross before that was the same.  I wish I could keep them longer but I’ve no willpower.   

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Don C said:

I get the best mileage during short trips because the hybrid system is working so well.  There’s hundreds of hybrid taxis in Manchester and they do the same.  I’m getting over 60 on my run to work which split roughly evenly between rural hilly, motorway and stop start traffic.  I think it’s still improving with 2800 on it.  

Short trips with a cold engine kill the mpg. Worse in the colder months when you need cabin heating, rear window defroster etc..

• Like 2

On 9/4/2024 at 5:32 PM, PCM said:

54mpg for me currently.

On a mixture of roads.

Just got mine up to 58mpg, on a mixture of roads also.  I fear it'll take a dive once I get the opportunity to get it back to the dealers, 2 hours up the A30, to get it checked over🤔

• Like 1

My MPG has been 57.2MPG over the last 6 weeks since I bought the car (around  750 miles) Best MPG has been a 5 mile run at 76.4MPG.This run had the advantage of an engine that hadn't fully cooled down and some downhill travel, although the average altitude was near zero, the downhill came near the start of the run when the engine was getting up to temp.  Very chilled low acceleration drive, but worth it to see just how efficient a petrol hybrid can be.

• Like 2

Hi guys, its interesting to see the wide band of mpg experienced with the UX 250h.

I drive 8 miles per every day and averaging 40/45 mph and am pleased with a little over 64mpg. However I’m not so pleased when it comes to buying spares. I had a minor confrontation with my garage shelf which broke a piece off the left hand wing mirror which now requires a replacement top and bottom plastic cover plate which abuts to the door. The mechanism wasn’t damaged and is fully functional but I was told that these two bits of plastic can only be purchased as a complete mechanism which is £400+. The cover can cost only a few pence to make but no-one seems to be bothered enough to make the effort to address the anomaly because there’s no incentive for a few pounds only.

I love the car but I think the next one will be a   Citroen.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Reg Stokes said:

Hi guys, its interesting to see the wide band of mpg experienced with the UX 250h.

I drive 8 miles per every day and averaging 40/45 mph and am pleased with a little over 64mpg. However I’m not so pleased when it comes to buying spares. I had a minor confrontation with my garage shelf which broke a piece off the left hand wing mirror which now requires a replacement top and bottom plastic cover plate which abuts to the door. The mechanism wasn’t damaged and is fully functional but I was told that these two bits of plastic can only be purchased as a complete mechanism which is £400+. The cover can cost only a few pence to make but no-one seems to be bothered enough to make the effort to address the anomaly because there’s no incentive for a few pounds only.

As documented elsewhere, I noticed a wing mirror on mine was broken 5 days after collecting it.  I was ‘lucky’ enough to be able to prove it was broken before I bought it.  I wasn’t too enamoured with forking out over £500 for a new one.  Apart from that the average mpg was reading mid 57s when I left it at the dealer for a new mirror and a couple of other bits to be sorted.  I guess that will take a dive over the 100 mile A road journey back home☹️

On 8/31/2024 at 11:30 AM, Lmafudd said:

Sorry, I did recognise the attempt at humour but thought you also queried my comment. I'm afraid local, short journeys always erodes mpg. Realistically I should buy an electric vehicle since retiring but just can't bring myself to do it. We like to go to Cornwall most years and don't relish two charging stops on top of a five hour drive.

Evening Charles i agree with what you mention about short journeys cold engine low mpg but i also find it interesting what you say about EV and your trips to Cornwall. Likewise we go next week for what its worth ive been doing it for years 2stops now one at strensham and then Taunton dene and a quickie to phillip warren butchers at launceston for thier fantastic honey roast sausages. I wouldnt do it with an EV with the charging time as you mention.

1 hour ago, ALAW said:

Evening Charles i agree with what you mention about short journeys cold engine low mpg but i also find it interesting what you say about EV and your trips to Cornwall. Likewise we go next week for what its worth ive been doing it for years 2stops now one at strensham and then Taunton dene and a quickie to phillip warren butchers at launceston for thier fantastic honey roast sausages. I wouldnt do it with an EV with the charging time as you mention.

Good evening to you too. We're a little closer to Cornwall than you and we usually stop once, at the glorious Gloucester services although sometimes nature may prompt a stop south of Exeter. Whatever EV I chose would not get there without a charge as I've never heard of any EV actually hitting its advertised range. Theoretically I suppose one charge would be sufficient and I suppose that could be a lunch stop so never say never.

On 9/8/2024 at 7:48 PM, Reg Stokes said:

You’re not at gunpoint.  If you think buying a Citroen is the solution to the cost of buying a mirror then fill your boots because a Lexus will still be going long after the Citroen has had thousands in repairs before ending up in the junk yard.  Check the price of Citroen mirrors first because £500 isn’t bad for a mirror these days so it’s that shelf and your minor confrontations that need sorting out.   

• Like 1

On 9/8/2024 at 7:48 PM, Reg Stokes said:

The mechanism wasn’t damaged and is fully functional but I was told that these two bits of plastic can only be purchased as a complete mechanism which is £400+. The cover can cost only a few pence to make but no-one seems to be bothered enough to make the effort to address the anomaly because there’s no incentive for a few pounds only.

I'm not sure which plastic parts you are referring to but the outer shell is available separately and comes pre-painted.

https://lexuspartsdirect.co.uk/product/lexus-ux-phase-1-o-s-wing-mirror-cover/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links