Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hi

So, on Saturday I had to drop my daughter off back to Scotland, long drive from Birmingham to Edinburgh, I stayed couple of nights at a hotel and came back today, and I'm going to be real honest, I've gone off my ls400, it didnt put a smile on my face like it used to, there were times where I'd stop at services and just didnt want to get back in the car, I couldnt wait to come to Birmingham and just park it up, I dont know what's come over me, I was having like panic attack, so just kept stopping at services for a long rest, a breather, I hated it.

You’re getting old ……..

do you really think any other car might have been better for you ….. Ford Fiesta maybe   Fiat 500   Maserati  or a Bentley maybe ??

Long return drive for you, chill rest and recuperate ……. 
I’ll take your Ls400 off your hands …….. £25 do it 🤣😂

Cheer up 

Malc 

Hi Malc

Maybe I am getting old, I dont know, even now thinking about it is giving me anxiety, maybe I'm coming down with depression again, last time that happened I almost did something very stupid, lucky my daughter was there to stop me. Dont get me wrong, I would be another Lexus that I'd buy, but I think I've completely gone off my ls400, and I think maybe life itself, leaving my daughter behind with her mum, it got to me again, I feel broken, I want to get hammer and just smash the car up. Being told I might have prostate C doesn't help either

Oh my.  That’s no good 

Get some professional counselling whatever soonest 

Prostrate C is usually summat that they can get shot of with little effort these days I’m told ….. my window cleaner has had it, still got it but it’ll be treatable whatever ……. Galloping Old Age will do for you before the big C ……. unless you’re here till 104 maybe …….. you need someone professional to chat all this thru with I’m thinking 🤔 

Please go get some NOW 

Ls400 needs your tlc 24/7 so go give her some cuddles ……. B’ham to Edinburgh return is a big big feat and tiring for both you and Lexus 

Cheer up and chill and have a good chat with someone close to hand ……. tell me you will eh ! 

Malc 

• Like 2

Hi Messi, 

Please dont let things mount up and get you down. I have a very close family member who for decades has manned the phones at Samaritans and helped many people who needed it. 

Please call them and have a chat. https://www.samaritans.org/how-we-can-help/contact-samaritan/

I'd advise take a break and leave your car alone for a while until you are feeling better. Maybe later you can fall back in love with it again?

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Stanwithaplan said:

Hi Messi, 

Please dont let things mount up and get you down. I have a very close family member who for decades has manned the phones at Samaritans and helped many people who needed it. 

Please call them and have a chat. https://www.samaritans.org/how-we-can-help/contact-samaritan/

I'd advise take a break and leave your car alone for a while until you are feeling better. Maybe later you can fall back in love with it again?

Thank you very much Stan

• Like 2

Qamar hi ……… we’re all rooting for you for sure 

Just let us know what we could do to help get you back on track 

Malc 

Qamar, you've got a lot to deal with at the moment - that long drive to Scotland and leaving your daughter there, and of course your diagnosis.  This must be colouring your feeling about life in general, so even your LS doesn't bring you pleasure like it usually does.  I think Malc's right: the issue isn't your car, it's everything else that's going on.  When we get low, even slightly, we can find it difficult to take pleasure in anything.  I think the medical term for this is anhedonia.  And I'm not surprised you're feeling low.  The good thing is that you've admitted it - to yourself and to us.  You're not broken, you only feel broken.  I wish you well.  Send me a private message if you want to.  Happy to chat off here if you need to unload.  All the best.

Andrew

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Scribe said:

Qamar, you've got a lot to deal with at the moment - that long drive to Scotland and leaving your daughter there, and of course your diagnosis.  This must be colouring your feeling about life in general, so even your LS doesn't bring you pleasure like it usually does.  I think Malc's right: the issue isn't your car, it's everything else that's going on.  When we get low, even slightly, we can find it difficult to take pleasure in anything.  I think the medical term for this is anhedonia.  And I'm not surprised you're feeling low.  The good thing is that you've admitted it - to yourself and to us.  You're not broken, you only feel broken.  I wish you well.  Send me a private message if you want to.  Happy to chat off here if you need to unload.  All the best.

Andrew

Thank you Andrew, I appreciate it

Qamar,  sorry to hear about your challenges.  Been there a couple of times over the years, and sometimes felt the hill was just getting bigger no matter how much I tried to climb it.  I always found sharing with my close mates (not a thing blokes are always good at) helped even though they did not 'cure me', it felt like a load shared was a load halved.

I did at one point after Covid go through exactly the same feeilngs about how overwhelming my LS was (not really sure why it got to that with a car), but worked out at the time I was worried retirement in 2024 and whether I could afford to run a decent car.

I hope that whatever support you find can keep you safe in your head, and as suggested maybe park up  the LS, and do what I do which is bird watching or something that takes your mind to some other 'nicer' zone.

All the best

• Like 2

Thanks Pete

Since my father, my grandmother, my aunty who all passed away in 2020 due to covid, I knew there was something wrong with me mentally. I got help, it worked, then I got a divorce, and my ex wife took my daughter all the way to Edinburgh to start a new life with her new husband, that's when I got bad again, then I got help again, and since leaving my daughter behind last weekend,  it's got me again, but this time very bad to the point I'm having panic attacks. 

Also hearing about my prostate getting bigger, hasn't helped either.

I wont be driving the Ls, I'm scared something might happen. That's why I need it gone now, hate to see it parked up.

I'm getting help now, hopefully I'll be back to my old self soon. 

Qamar you will “ recover” for sure    100%  sure 

I too have been thru challenging divorces ……. Losing my then very young 4 children to an assole of my first wife’s new husband ……. the fat slob dropped dead a few years back 🤣😂 ( sorry I shouldn’t laugh ) and never been able to get over that tbh 

Just make sure you keep in good touch with your daughter and see each other when possible ……. I do know what you’re suffering and it’s immensely awful and unfair ….. BUT you’ll get over it as time marches on I’m 100% certain 

The car will also survive ad infinitum too 👍

Malc 

• Like 1

Sometimes cars carry memories. I know mine do, and my bikes.
A friend still has his ex-wife's car (she died of Covid in 2020) which hasn't been driven since she died.
He says that when he sits in the passenger seat and talks to her, she is listening.

If the memories in the LS are too much for you Qamar, then move it on to allow yourself to move on.
Your mental health is far more important than any car.

As for the Prostate C, that is the most curable C there is but early treatment is an absolute MUST.
If the NHS are dragging their heels, be stubborn, persistent, and irritating, but never rude or insulting.
Remember, it's the persistently squeaky hinge that gets treated. :thumbup:

• Like 2

Hi Malc

I haven't advertised on Autotrader, only on here and car and classic and to be honest, I'd rather it went to an enthusiast 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links