Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hi all. Just joined today. I'm from New Zealand and  here to find out about the new LBX which I am thinking of buying. The specs seem quite different to NZ, but there is no local or Australian forum. I joined up as this site hints loudly I should join if I just browse too often. Incidentally I had to lie to register, I don't own a Lexus but the registration system assumes you do. Cheers Phil

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, lexuswannabe said:

Incidentally I had to lie to register, I don't own a Lexus but the registration system assumes you do

Welcome Phil.  And I wouldn’t worry about that.  Merely being smart enough to aspire to own a Lexus is probably sufficient!

There are some very good video road tests of the LBX on YT, I notice.  It’s also What Car magazine’s Car of the Year - among others.  Mind you, there is a local farmer and pub landlord who was a bit sniffy about it - name of Jeremy Clarkson.  But I wouldn’t take him too seriously!

My suggestion is that you start another thread specifically asking about the LBX and what new owners think of it.  That way you’ll target the people who really can help you.

BTW…I’m a great fan of the Brokenwood Mysteries…👍

• Like 2

6 hours ago, lexuswannabe said:

Hi all. Just joined today. I'm from New Zealand and  here to find out about the new LBX which I am thinking of buying. The specs seem quite different to NZ, but there is no local or Australian forum. I joined up as this site hints loudly I should join if I just browse too often. Incidentally I had to lie to register, I don't own a Lexus but the registration system assumes you do. Cheers Phil

Welcome Phil.. To This Amazing Club..You Will Find A Wealth Of Advice And Knowledge From Our members..I Don,t Own an LBX So I am not Best Placed To Give you Much Advice But I have Heard lots of good Things About It as Well as being Voted Car of the Year As Mentioned Also Have a look At The NX Which I have.. Best car i Have EVER Bought..  Happy Motoring.!!

• Like 1

On 8/26/2024 at 2:26 PM, LenT said:

Welcome Phil.  And I wouldn’t worry about that.  Merely being smart enough to aspire to own a Lexus is probably sufficient!

Yes I realise lying about my car was slightly less of a crime compared to Hitler or Stalin.🙂

On 8/26/2024 at 2:26 PM, LenT said:

BTW…I’m a great fan of the Brokenwood Mysteries…👍

Thanks I didn't realise it was shown in the UK. I like the way the characters can be outrageous yet quite believeable, or they can interview the residents of a dementia unit, and you think "what a load of contradictory rubbish they are talking" but when the story developes you realise the residents statements all make sense from their point of view.

On 8/26/2024 at 7:36 PM, RONNIE W HODGEKINSON said:

As Mentioned Also Have a look At The NX Which I have.. Best car i Have EVER Bought..  Happy Motoring.!!

Thanks Ronnie, the trouble is we only have a small single garage anything much bigger than our 2014 Corolla probably won't fit.

Incidentally the only thing that has gone "wrong" with our Corolla in its 10 years apart from normal wear (tires wiper blades etc) is an  indicator bulb for a warrant.

• Like 1

"Yes I realise lying about my car was slightly less of a crime "

Not so quick. We take lying very seriously here.

Yours

Errol Flynn

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Boomer54 said:

Yours

Errol Flynn

Stephen, I think you’re showing your age!  😊

I may be wrong, but I rather doubt that Phil knows who Errol Flynn was.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, LenT said:

I may be wrong, but I rather doubt that Phil knows who Errol Flynn was.

Off course I do, who else knows he slide down a ship sail and used a knife to slow down. I even know who Isadora Duncan is and how she died, and that Rudolf Valentino died in 1926. Although I'm only 69 years old I was forty years old when I was born☺️. I use to go to old folks home visiting and would find out the real oldies didn't know these sort of things and go off complaining in a loud voice "I don't know what the older generation's coming to".

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, lexuswannabe said:

Off course I do, who else knows he slide down a ship sail and used a knife to slow down. I even know who Isadora Duncan is and how she died, and that Rudolf Valentino died in 1926. Although I'm only 69 years old I was forty years old when I was born☺️. I use to go to old folks home visiting and would find out the real oldies didn't know these sort of things and go off complaining in a loud voice "I don't know what the older generation's coming to".

My apologies, Phil.

Of course you know who Errol Flynn was!

And Valentino did indeed die in 1926.  Coincidently, 1926 was the same year that Douglas Fairbanks made a silent movie called The Black Pirate in which one of his stunts was stabbing a sail with a knife and sliding down it.

Just saying…..

BTW:  How’s the search for info on the LBX progressing?

(I get told off if I digress from the subject too much!)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Boomer54 said:

Yours

Errol Flynn

As in lying down Errol? 😅

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Boomer54 said:

Yours

Errol Flynn

Two things spring to mind....isn't old Errol dead? ...and did he really fail to defeat the Injuns at Little Big Horn?😄

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pauly C said:

Two things spring to mind....isn't old Errol dead? ...and did he really fail to defeat the Injuns at Little Big Horn?😄

Yes, he certainly is - in 1959 at the not totally unsurprising young age of 50.

He had previously died earlier in 1941 while portraying General George Custer in the movie They died with their boots on.

If you’d like to know more about Flynn, I can recommend his autobiography called ‘My Wicked, Wicked Ways’.  He wrote it very much with tongue in cheek - and not necessarily his own!

Equally fascinating is David Niven’s excellent trilogy, starting with ‘The moon’s a Balloon’.  He and Flynn shared a flat together - and much else besides.  I believe it was Flynn who got Niven into movies.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Pauly C said:

Yer caught me fibbing 🫣

Only picked him 'cos he was nearly a countryman of yours give , or take a thousand miles.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, LenT said:

Coincidently, 1926 was the same year that Douglas Fairbanks made a silent movie called The Black Pirate in which one of his stunts was stabbing a sail with a knife and sliding down it.

Arrhh my old mind's playing tricks on me. It was Dougy and not Errol. I feel all sad and sorry for myself now. I might go and listen to my Ivor Novello CD to cheer up😄.

Incidentally since I seem to be talking with a bunch of clever dicks what is the accordian/harmonium like instrument on Novello's "Every bit of loving"? It's always puzzled me.

10 hours ago, Phil xxkr said:

As in lying down Errol? 😅

Here in NZ there was a saying that's not heard so much now "In like Flynn" I don't know if it's heard overseas.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lexuswannabe said:

Incidentally since I seem to be talking with a bunch of clever dicks what is the accordian/harmonium like instrument on Novello's "Every bit of loving"? It's always puzzled me.

Could it be a celesta?

https://www.yamaha.com/en/musical_instrument_guide/celesta/structure/#:~:text=Celestas look like an organ,carry over quite a distance.

Correction: I think you’re right - it’s a harmonium.  The celesta comes in later!

1 hour ago, lexuswannabe said:

Here in NZ there was a saying that's not heard so much now "In like Flynn" I don't know if it's heard overseas

Not heard it for years - probably because the latest generations neither know nor care who Flynn was!  

But sometimes his reputation for being rather promiscuous slightly backfired.  In the 1938 Adventures of Robin Hood he had a long kissing scene with Maid Marion (Olivia de Havilland, who was a good friend).  She later wrote that she decided to have a bit of fun and kept fluffing the scene, which then required several retakes.  

To her amusement it also caused Flynn a disturbance in the tights department!

9 hours ago, LenT said:

Could it be a celesta?

https://www.yamaha.com/en/musical_instrument_guide/celesta/structure/#:~:text=Celestas look like an organ,carry over quite a distance.

Correction: I think you’re right - it’s a harmonium.  The celesta comes in later!

Not heard it for years - probably because the latest generations neither know nor care who Flynn was!  

But sometimes his reputation for being rather promiscuous slightly backfired.  In the 1938 Adventures of Robin Hood he had a long kissing scene with Maid Marion (Olivia de Havilland, who was a good friend).  She later wrote that she decided to have a bit of fun and kept fluffing the scene, which then required several retakes.  

To her amusement it also caused Flynn a disturbance in the tights department!

There was a film "In like Flynn" about his early life, suspect it came from that🙂, also in the film, "They died with their boots on" , he didn't lose. As the Americans quaintly say he was "first alternate" 😂

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links