Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Sluggish acceleration?

I changed from an RX400 to a 68 reg NX300 a few months ago. Loving most things about the new car but finding that the acceleration is noticeably poor. Seems that the charge-eco-power gauge is showing at nearly full power yet the acceleration is not what I would expect.. with most driving being local around town it is not been an issue. Also I am convinced that I can hear a slight whooshing noise when accelerating like this, maybe an air leak??

Is this normal? How do you all find the performance to be?

Sorry if asked before but would appreciate any views you may have. 

Thanks both, I understand what you say. What I meant was for example when accelerating from say 50mph, despite flooring the pedal that the speed is slow to increase. Appreciate the difference in engine/power with the RX but where that gave the impression of kicking down in gear as per standard auto boxes, I cannot feel any kick down with the NX. 

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve read since that the expected acceleration from 50-70 should be around 4 seconds, yet I’m finding mine to be much more, easily 10+seconds so something is not right. https://www.theroadbeat.com/post/2021-lexus-nx300-f-sport-review

what are you getting?? If around 4-5 as suggested, then what could be the problem with mine??

On 8/26/2024 at 8:35 AM, Lexguy64 said:

Thanks both, I understand what you say. What I meant was for example when accelerating from say 50mph, despite flooring the pedal that the speed is slow to increase. Appreciate the difference in engine/power with the RX but where that gave the impression of kicking down in gear as per standard auto boxes, I cannot feel any kick down with the NX. 

I have Experienced the Same David No Kick Down That You Can Assimilate With Automatic Gearboxes.. But That's Where the E,CVT Is Different. At Least that is what I have Found..!!! And yes there is a Slight Bit of Sluggishness when Accelerating..!!! But Not Excessively..!!!

7 hours ago, Lexguy64 said:

I’ve read since that the expected acceleration from 50-70 should be around 4 seconds, yet I’m finding mine to be much more, easily 10+seconds so something is not right. https://www.theroadbeat.com/post/2021-lexus-nx300-f-sport-review

what are you getting?? If around 4-5 as suggested, then what could be the problem with mine??

That's a review for the NX300 (with a 2l turbo engine and auto transmission) not the NX300h so you won't get 4 seconds, but I would expect better than 10.

I assume your engine is revving right up when you put your foot down? Once you have driven, are any of the wheels getting excessively hot which would indicate brakes binding.

Thanks Colin, I’d obviously misread the article and assumed it was for the hybrid as I have.

The engine is revving up as it should and non of the wheels are getting hot, so no brakes are binding.

I may just mention it to the local dealer and see what they say.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links