Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

LBX driver’s seat comfort

Does anyone else find the LBX really uncomfortable to drive? I have had one since early July and find it very uncomfortable on distance driving. Is there a lumbar support switch I’m not finding? No matter what way I adjust the seat I find the lack of lumbar support really noticeable. I previously had a Toyota Prius and it was a much more comfortable car to drive. 

• Sad 2

Can only vouch for Takumi model here, but drivers seat is fully electric with three buttons on the side of the seat. The round button is for lumbar support. While I realise everyone is different in terms of build and getting comfortable, I personally find the lumbar support on the seat comfortable and have had no issues.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

October 2024

The front seats of our new Lexus LBX are incredible uncomfortable on anything but short journeys. It is not noticeable on a short test drive.There is an electric lumbar support but this does not solve the problem. 
This very disappointing as we expected much more from Lexus and there doesn’t seem to be anyway of improving this problem. 

• Sad 1

Not an LBX, but my wife's RX450h is very comfortable for me if...

I use a thin lumber support.

The ones you can buy are all TOO big. So...

I bought a rectangle of memory foam on eBay, and my wife covered it with black mesh material.

It makes journeys MUCH better for me.

Not ideal I know, but when we drive to Scotland, it certainly helps.

One of the reasons I’ve bought Lexus’ is that the dealer always lets me have unaccompanied test drives and for as much of the day as I want. I drove the LBX around all my local routes as well as 20 miles of motorway. I wouldn’t buy a car I’d not driven for at least three hours continuously. 

We took an LBX for a short test drive and everything seemed okay. Smooth, quiet and good ride comfort. However, we then had one for a 3 hour test drive and within the first hour my wife was complaining that the passenger seat was uncomfortable, and the further we went the more uncomfortable it became! Tried every adjustment possible but didn’t seem to make a difference. I think the problem is that there is little support from thighs to knees. The squab angle is just not right and the higher you set the seat the worst the angle gets. Drivers seat with all electric adjustment can compensate on Takumi models but no help for passenger or lower spec models.

Eventually we returned to the Dealer and walked away after explaining the problem and by their comments I don’t think we were the first people to complain about the seats!

Have now bought the new Mini Countryman, bigger than the Lexus but with very comfortable seats for both passenger and driver. Okay not getting 55 MPG+ plus but am achieving 46 MPG and 50 MPG on long runs with a new engine so expect consumption to improve further as the car runs-in. Interestingly I have kept a log (brimful to brimful) MPG for last 3 cars I have owned and all of them achieve better MPG as mileage increases up to 10,000 miles.

No matter how good a car is if the seats aren’t comfortable then it’s no good!

I had a LBX as a courtesy car a few weeks ago for a day while my IS 300h was in for some work. I drove it for a few hours and wasn't as comfortable as in my IS seats - difficult to describe but I felt I was leaning a little towards the middle of car at my hip level and certainly didn't feel as comfortable after a few hours as I do in my IS after a full days drive. I generally liked the car but would need to take another day test drive to see if what I felt with the courtesy car was replicated again and would spend a bit more time adjusting the seats. For reference the courtesy car was the Takumi trim but with the vegan interior which meant it actually was downgraded to manual seats in vegan "leather" rather than full eather electric seats (very strange). Mind you my 2014 registration IS Executive trim (now with 153K miles on it) has manual seats and I've found those very comfortable and still do even when spending all day behind the wheel. 

11 hours ago, Expatma said:

We took an LBX for a short test drive and everything seemed okay. Smooth, quiet and good ride comfort. However, we then had one for a 3 hour test drive and within the first hour my wife was complaining that the passenger seat was uncomfortable, and the further we went the more uncomfortable it became!

May I ask you what is your wife's height? I am 1.75 meters tall and my wife 1.68 and none of us had any problems, even with long trips without stops (2 hours of travel). I don't even have the Takumi trim. My wife didn't even adjust the seat settings, she immediately found it comfortable.

Had this thread appeared before I test-drove the LBX (Original Edition, leather/ultrasuede trim) some months ago I would have paid more attention to the seat adjustability.  I recall that when I got out of the car after driving for an hour or so I felt an unfamiliar lumbar twinge - unfamiliar in the sense that I don’t get it after sitting in my RC. Since the seat felt comfortable enough during the drive itself, I blamed myself for perhaps having been too hasty when adjusting the seat before initially driving off.  Thinking back, I still consider this to have been the case.  

Maybe it is a height thing? Both my wife and myself are 5' 5" and neither of us find the (ultrasuede/leather) seats uncomfortable. In fact they are among the nicest I have ever had, driven all manner of cars for 50 years!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links