Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Lexus Dealer Forum

2 hours ago, Pauly C said:

what do you have to do to get things done..??

Personally, Paul, I’d be inclined to now name the Dealer involved.  It may be that other contributors have had similar experiences and that yours is not an isolated instance.

In which case you will have a stronger case for action to present to Lexus.

• Like 1

I have the unfortunate pleasure of going into several dealerships regularly. All of different marques and a couple that are at the very top end.

Let me reassure everybody that without exception ( & with over 40 years in business dealing with the general public ) I’ve never met such a self serving, self righteous, narcissistic set of people in my life.

Most sales people are no experience necessary types who think that the more they talk the more they convince.

No listening skills whatsoever.

It’s a volume game…. If your not listening they detach quickly as there’ll be another one along soon.

The basic salary is pretty poor…. But I get a new car on the drive and the neighbours will think I’m doing ok.

Senior management are normally journeymen/women whom have been around the block several times until they land somewhere and get the role of figuratively beating the sales targets out of the junior staff.

Ive seen more non approaches of people clearly looking around a showroom for help than I can count.

Can’t even put their hands on a brochure any more.

Most give up and walk out.

The sales team would rather work on their call sheets….. bought one once, fingers crossed we can snare them again….. they’re less than six months from finishing their PCP let’s try and get them in and do a deal.

Trust me books and covers customer selection is alive and kicking in UK car dealerships.

Sod the newbie to the brand walking through the door.

Its in all of them….. it’s a UK culture thing & it’s definitely getting worse.

Brand pride, minimum service standard for whomever walks through the door. Non existent.

Service and parts departments should be about brand affirmation. Not battles over every nut and bolt.

Approved Used which is sold at a premium in the market place should be prepped to within an inch of its life and handed over like it was brand spanking new. It is to someone.

I wondered if the online market disrupters would start to make these people rethink their sales and customer service model. Car remotely selected and delivered to the door etc.

Sadly it doesn’t feel like anything is nibbling at their heels.

I have a couple of family members that have done this, I still struggle with it myself….. but they seem to be happy with their experience.

My Lexus experience across the two dealerships I’ve used I would call it. 6/10. Ok, vanilla, certainly not legendary.

One BMW dealer in the south I would give 8.5/10 and that’s why I would drive 123 miles each way to pick up our new / sometimes new to me car.

With the far east electric car manufacturers coming like a steam train ( there’s an analogy of old and new) into the market (BYD etc) ….. Volkswagen looking to lay off workers in German factories.

Mmm….. am I naive and idealistic around the big brands.

Time will tell.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Vintagesixtysix said:

I have the unfortunate pleasure of going into several dealerships regularly. All of different marques and a couple that are at the very top end.

Let me reassure everybody that without exception ( & with over 40 years in business dealing with the general public ) I’ve never met such a self serving, self righteous, narcissistic set of people in my life.

Most sales people are no experience necessary types who think that the more they talk the more they convince.

No listening skills whatsoever.

It’s a volume game…. If your not listening they detach quickly as there’ll be another one along soon.

The basic salary is pretty poor…. But I get a new car on the drive and the neighbours will think I’m doing ok.

Senior management are normally journeymen/women whom have been around the block several times until they land somewhere and get the role of figuratively beating the sales targets out of the junior staff.

Ive seen more non approaches of people clearly looking around a showroom for help than I can count.

Can’t even put their hands on a brochure any more.

Most give up and walk out.

The sales team would rather work on their call sheets….. bought one once, fingers crossed we can snare them again….. they’re less than six months from finishing their PCP let’s try and get them in and do a deal.

Trust me books and covers customer selection is alive and kicking in UK car dealerships.

Sod the newbie to the brand walking through the door.

Its in all of them….. it’s a UK culture thing & it’s definitely getting worse.

Brand pride, minimum service standard for whomever walks through the door. Non existent.

Service and parts departments should be about brand affirmation. Not battles over every nut and bolt.

Approved Used which is sold at a premium in the market place should be prepped to within an inch of its life and handed over like it was brand spanking new. It is to someone.

I wondered if the online market disrupters would start to make these people rethink their sales and customer service model. Car remotely selected and delivered to the door etc.

Sadly it doesn’t feel like anything is nibbling at their heels.

I have a couple of family members that have done this, I still struggle with it myself….. but they seem to be happy with their experience.

My Lexus experience across the two dealerships I’ve used I would call it. 6/10. Ok, vanilla, certainly not legendary.

One BMW dealer in the south I would give 8.5/10 and that’s why I would drive 123 miles each way to pick up our new / sometimes new to me car.

With the far east electric car manufacturers coming like a steam train ( there’s an analogy of old and new) into the market (BYD etc) ….. Volkswagen looking to lay off workers in German factories.

Mmm….. am I naive and idealistic around the big brands.

Time will tell.

Totally agree. 

19 hours ago, LenT said:

Personally, Paul, I’d be inclined to now name the Dealer involved.  It may be that other contributors have had similar experiences and that yours is not an isolated instance.

In which case you will have a stronger case for action to present to Lexus.

It gets better…..collected my car on Saturday….no one able to articulate tests done, findings and any remedial work as a result.  Got no call yesterday to explain, as agreed would happen.  Chased them myself…was told such a call was “….not something we normally do….”.  Cue terse e mail to manager…..cue a call today from Aftersales manager….who told me the service dept. were not expecting my car to be collected by me and taken home on Sat. WTF!!!! Told Aftersales manager they are now in last chance saloon….car going back….again…later this month…so that’s two wasted 4 hour/200 mile round trips.  I will be wanting a full diagnostic check done, with a clean bill of health…..and I should be getting a newer UX 250h F Sport as a courtesy, so I can compare the rides.  You couldn’t make this up….none of those guys appear to talk to one another, and me - the customer, caught in the middle.  I won’t name them just yet….suffice to say they are around 70 - 80 odd miles up the A30, out of Cornwall😡😡😡😡😡

• Sad 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links