Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Password on screen

Oh, absolutely annoying! I had this!   Two solutions.

Solution 1 is to use the setting where you write the letter by hand.  But the better solution, irritating as it is, get as far as you need to then change keyboard to one with capital letters, then change back.

There's possibly a proper solution, but I didn't find it.

• Like 1

Hopefully in you entertainment booklet thing there will be a page like this for when you type things in. For me, it was "change type" followed by "other" in the keyboard list.  The sort of set up a 15 year old would make for his ICT gcse project.

: o )

keyboard malarky.jpg

I experienced this and found the easiest way was to go back to my lexus on my home computer and reset with a password without capitals. I still get times when I have to re-sig-in on the car annoyingly but at Least I get past the password check screen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Navnan2 said:

I experienced this and found the easiest way was to go back to my lexus on my home computer and reset with a password without capitals. I still get times when I have to re-sig-in on the car annoyingly but at Least I get past the password check screen.

Yes.I did exactly the same!

Very strange!  I don't believe that I've had any problems, I was able to enter Upper & Lower case, Numerics and Special characters.  From memory, I think I pressed the <Change Type> firmly and direct centre, I then waited a moment and the keyboard changed.  If/When I'm asked to enter a password again I will make a proper note of what I do and post on here.

• Like 1

On 8/24/2024 at 2:08 PM, Robert Brealey said:

I need to enter my password on the in car screen but can't see how to enter an Upper Case letter as the up button doesn't work or how to change the password.

Have you had a flat Battery / disconnected the Battery recently? There is a “password” screen that is the equivalent of an old radio code, which doesn’t have upper case characters. Is that perhaps the screen you have? If so you’ll need to ask your dealer (who sold the car) for the password. 

Interesting. A few weeks ago my ES appeared very unhappy when I opened the door with flashing lights everywhere. I tried the usual restart stuff, in that I locked the door, found another key and tried again. Still the same. Very disconcerting.

Phoned the dealer in Bordeaux, around 2 hours from me and was fortunate to go straight through to the service department as everyone else had finished for the day. Having described the issue to him he thought that my 12 volt Battery had probably gone flat. He suggested that I charged it and tried again but to disconnect the Battery when charging. I did what he said and everything was fine once it was charged overnight and reconnected. Didn't seem any point driving two hours each way to pay twice the price to change a Battery so did it myself a few days later. No issues whatsoever other than a couple of warning lights that extinguished themselves after driving a short distance.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links