Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Although it's fine under normal circumstances I have found that if we are away on holiday for three weeks or so the 12 volt Battery on my Rx400h has drained by the time that we have returned. Decided to fit the following Battery isolator switch   https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B075CK7W3Z?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_fed_asin_title. for the princely sum of £6.99. Fitted in about five minutes and I can easily access it without removing the plastic Battery cover. Prompt delivery from amazon within one day of placing the order.. Yes, I know that it's from China but it looks to be solidly made. How do they do they do it? Subtract the VAT and it's £5.82, Presumably the seller wantsa to make a profit, deliver it to amazon from the other side of the world and then amazon delivers it to me.

Your insurance company will know that the car has an intruder alarm but a Battery isolator will negate that and may give them cause to reduce or even stop a claim, as well as losing window settings, radio presets and so on.

Far better to leave the Battery on a trickle charger if that's possible.

24 minutes ago, Lydiamight said:

Hi herbie--I take your point, but the intruder alarm will not be operational when the 12 volt battery goes flat anyway.

That wouldn't be a deliberate intervention on you part though. Any modification including the installation of the isolation switch should be notified to the insurer 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links