Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

NEC Classic Car Show

Anyone been to one of these? I'm considering it 'cos it falls near to my wife's birthday and I really know she might like a surprise short break hol (cough).

Seriously though within the context of Car Shows would this be one worth attending?

I went to the NEC long back and even then felt the whole experience mightlly challenging trying to simply “ absorb “ what’s on offer 

Your good lady might be ok whizzing around All Day with you in tow 😇

Suggest you leave the machete at home tho’ 🥵

Malc

I've been to four or five of the annual Classic Cars shows at the NEC. I have to admit I've not been since 2019, though... 

My opinion overall? Excellent. Incredibly comprehensive. Plenty to see and if truth be told, there's genuinely too much to see if you're only going for a single day. It can be done, but if you're like me you'll end up rushing around a bit or missing out the odd section. In terms of indoor classic car shows, it's by far the best I know of. 

Any hints or tips? Take your own food and drink. Of course there's several places to go in the venue itself but you can probably predict prices/portion sizes.

The downsides? Well, the fact that I've not been for getting on for five years tells a story and not just to do with what happened over Covid when it didn't go ahead. It's very expensive and getting the point for me - prohibitively so. Then there's the cost of the parking. If it's something you've never been to before, then I would say it's worth it. As I said, the show itself is excellent. It just got a little bit repetitive for me and there wasn't enough difference from one year to the next to justify the drive and the ticket/parking prices. 

I would like to go again at some point in the future. After all it's been a while now, but have too much going on for the remainder of this year. 

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links