Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Servicing cost question

I am new to Lexus as a brand but am in the process of obtaining a leased new NX 450H+ Premium (with upgraded satnav), having come from a background of Mercedes and Volvo V60s over the last few years.

My question is - does it make sense to go for a 3 year "package" of servicing for what I can tell is about £35/month (ie £420pa) or should I just pay as you go for 3 annual services.

I cant find much info on what a typical service might cost.

Any pointers?

20 minutes ago, fbrj said:

The service prices are listed on the Lexus website.

A service plan will be priced on the current individual service prices, so saving is really just protecting yourself against future price rises.

• Like 2

As said, the service plan I was quoted was just based on current service costs with no discount.

• Like 1

Hi Malcolm,

Do you mean (2years) every 2 years or 2 services (1 x year)?  I believe has to be a yearly service to maintain the warranty. 

14 hours ago, fbrj said:

My question is - does it make sense to go for a 3 year "package" of servicing for what I can tell is about £35/month (ie £420pa) or should I just pay as you go for 3 annual services.

Lexus is fully transparent with their service pricing which all dealers should follow. If the vehicle is new then you would need 2x intermediate and 1x Full.

You don't typically get a discount on a service plan - just protection yourself against service cost increases and the ability to spread the payment monthly.

image.thumb.png.cd19b722bef1e82c47f938207f056ef5.png

• Like 2

Can anyone advise, do you receive a copy of the relevant invoice for each service  (or any other paperwork) when you have the car serviced under a service plan ?

3 years service from new for an NX would be £1190. Service plan over 3 years is £1260 so you are paying an extra £70 for the privilege of paying monthly. You will get an invoice per service and it will be entered into the Lexus database to show on the app.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Pm4 said:

Hi Malcolm,

Do you mean (2years) every 2 years or 2 services (1 x year)?  I believe has to be a yearly service to maintain the warranty. 

You are correct in believing that you need an annual service (and Battery health check) to maintain the warranty. My car is 2 years old in September so I was referring to its second service and therefore classed as a full service (as opposed to the intermediate service it had last year). The screenshot Colin attached to his post above shows the pricing (same as showing on App).

PS the App doesn't seem to be aware that I have a Service Plan.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Seaview26 said:

Can anyone advise, do you receive a copy of the relevant invoice for each service  (or any other paperwork) when you have the car serviced under a service plan ?

I would imagine so.

I have a 3 year free servicing plan (negotiated at time of purchase) and have received the appropriate invoices marked “paid” on collecting the car after a service.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, robby666 said:

3 years service from new for an NX would be £1190. Service plan over 3 years is £1260 so you are paying an extra £70 for the privilege of paying monthly. You will get an invoice per service and it will be entered into the Lexus database to show on the app.

With the 3 year service plan you are also likely to get the first MOT included - is that about £60 these days?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Seaview26 said:

Yes you do.

• Like 1

On 8/21/2024 at 8:14 PM, fbrj said:

I am new to Lexus as a brand but am in the process of obtaining a leased new NX 450H+ Premium (with upgraded satnav), having come from a background of Mercedes and Volvo V60s over the last few years.

Any pointers?

Service Alternates Yearly Full Service 1st year Intermediary Service Second year and so on Check price with above Statements.... I.E. Nx Full Service £580 Intermediary Service £305

Thanks very much to all who replied.

So, it seems some are saying it is I/F/I giving £1190. It does seem (perhaps) strange that it finishes on an "I" when the 1st MOT is required. Anyway, Lexus must be confident!

Others (eg Ronnie Hodgekinson) say F/I/F giving £1465

And - we all now know that if on a service plan, you get an invoice! 

52 minutes ago, fbrj said:

Thanks very much to all who replied.

So, it seems some are saying it is I/F/I giving £1190. It does seem (perhaps) strange that it finishes on an "I" when the 1st MOT is required. Anyway, Lexus must be confident!

Others (eg Ronnie Hodgekinson) say F/I/F giving £1465

And - we all now know that if on a service plan, you get an invoice! 

Francis £1190 Is correct if on The first service It Is Intermediary Then Full service Followed by Intermediary ...Of course The Calculation Is Determined by And on which Service You begin..!!!!

I've just dug out my service plan documentation for the new NX I bought 15 March 2024.

It's for I/F/I and 1 x MOT

Cost of £1244.85 which is the actual current costs of the above service schedule & MOT (thanks Ronnie).

So I'm locking in today's prices for the first 3 years

• Like 1

On 8/22/2024 at 7:13 PM, RXtoNX said:

I would imagine so.

I have a 3 year free servicing plan (negotiated at time of purchase) and have received the appropriate invoices marked “paid” on collecting the car after a service.

Excellent negotiation skills 😊

• Like 1

On 8/21/2024 at 8:14 PM, fbrj said:

Any pointers?

There are plenty of long 0% credit card offers out there to fund the package over say 24 months 👍

11 hours ago, Alan Thompson said:

I've just dug out my service plan documentation for the new NX I bought 15 March 2024.

It's for I/F/I and 1 x MOT

Cost of £1244.85 which is the actual current costs of the above service schedule & MOT (thanks Ronnie).

So I'm locking in today's prices for the first 3 years

Your Quite Right Alan I had Not Included The M.O.T in My Calculation....!!!

• Like 1

Remember most Lexus dealerships will give a 10% / 15% discount on servicing if your a Lexus owners club member.

MOT, £25 at ATS with Groupon plus  £2 of if you use a cash back site ( £23 ), I have taken both my cars there for the past 4 years, very honest MOT, even my 19 year old Nissan has passed every year.

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links