Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Halfords refused to fit my Nextbase Dashcam...

Hi - I've recently bought a 2017 NX300h and removed my old dash cam (Nextbase 322gw supplied and installed by Halford) and booked it in for a re-installation.  Unfortunately the installer from Halfords took one look at my fusebox in the Lexus and declared that as it was a "black one" and not a "white one" (or vice versa, I forget) he can't wire it in with it being a hybrid and recent issues encountered elsewhere in the country. Appointment cancelled.

I'm reading on here that many of you have dash cams fitted, a lot being Nextbase and that Lexus themselves supply and fit Nextbase cameras.  Should I pursue this with Halfords or ask my Lexus dealership if they would install the camera (or any other suggestions)!  By the way, Halfords quoted £55 fitting which included the fitting pack which was very good value, at least if the thing got put in!

You had a very lucky escape there. I wouldn't let Halfords fill my washer bottle, never mind mess about with the wiring!  :wallbash:

Any car audio/infotainment installers, any auto-electrician, or even DIY if you feel up to it - any would be preferable to Halfords.

I installed my Viofo A229 Pro dual cam setup in my 2018 RX myself and it was easy enough. The hardest part of the whole job was fishing the rear cable through the rubber conduit to get from the main body and into the tailgate.

• Like 1

Could be worse I guess!
Kwik Fit!

”Could you check my windscreen washer fluid please?”

”Certainly Sir I’ll be back in a minute”

”I’ve checked Sir, it is low and needs topping up, would you prefer Castrol Magnetec or Shell Helix?”

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I suppose at least Halfords were honest rather than breaking something.

Lexus fitted mine. It would be worth getting a price from them. Hopefully they know what they are doing.

22 hours ago, Herbie said:

You had a very lucky escape there. I wouldn't let Halfords fill my washer bottle, never mind mess about with the wiring!  :wallbash:

Any car audio/infotainment installers, any auto-electrician, or even DIY if you feel up to it - any would be preferable to Halfords.

I installed my Viofo A229 Pro dual cam setup in my 2018 RX myself and it was easy enough. The hardest part of the whole job was fishing the rear cable through the rubber conduit to get from the main body and into the tailgate.

In this case not as I watched just what he was doing “as he was also” a knowledgeable chap.  

He made the piggy back connection to the right fuse & “i” installed the camera’s (front & rear) including the wiring which he was happy for me to do (he knew I knew) but at my age it is easier to let a younger person do things that  you now find hurt. 

A real nice lad who knew his stuff (rare at these places I know) but as suck I gave his input a 5* feedback as it was due.

Why did I visit there in the first place ?

Well they sold the kit I needed, they gave a discount for LO members and also gave a Halfords Discount card at the same time  

This was (at the time) Halfords in Stafford so credit where credit is due.   (IMO)

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links