Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Speedo and rev meter suddenly stop working.

A nice warm morning and a trip to Tesco is on the cards. We start off everything is normal and after 500 yds I look down and the rev meter has stopped working, on the way back and the speedo isnt working.

Any ideas ?

• Sad 1

a robust " tap " often works for me on my 95 Mk3 over the years ............  my rev counter has always been ok tho'  the speedo tends to stick at zero and quickly jars upwards ....  I think it's outside temperature affects it maybe sticking .......  and often the speedo seems to show 10mph LESS than actual ..............

it's a foible of the Ls400 and AGE related ..........  if that's the only problem on a several decades old car then we have very litle to whinge about eh 😅

Good luck Mr Bluesman .  hope you're all ok ?

Malc

• 2 weeks later...

Well thats that sorted. My garage man took out his highly technical rubber hammer and with one swift blow both dials come back to life.

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links