Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Key Fob Issues

Another query guys if I may - replaced the Battery in the key fob to my UX 250h, and now the key doesn’t work.  Googling it doesn’t appear to bring up much in the way of a solution.  Any ideas?  Do I need to somehow reprogram the thing?

It won’t need reprogramming, I suspect the Battery isn’t in correctly or it is flat (or possibly fake if it has come from eBay or Amazon). 

If you are sure it is working then press and hold unlock whist next to the car for 30+ seconds until the car responds. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

It won’t need reprogramming, I suspect the battery isn’t in correctly or it is flat (or possibly fake if it has come from eBay or Amazon). 

If you are sure it is working then press and hold unlock whist next to the car for 30+ seconds until the car responds. 

I'll try that Colin - thanks.  Battery is good and I'm sure it's working, but will double check it's seated correctly also😉 

If everything was working fine before the key fob Battery change it really points to something wrong with the new Battery. Is it inserted the correct way up? Are the contacts making a connection? 

• Like 1

Maybe just take the fob to say your local Timpsons for them to replace that Battery
Then you’ll know it’s all 100% ok 

Malc 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Toyota Owner said:

Removed the child safety sticker on the battery before inserting it in to the fob? 

😄Haha....thanks Lee.  Never saw it, and can't remember the last time I replaced one of these batteries in a key fob.  It now works fine.  Thank you all who replied.  Every day is a school day🤔😉

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Pauly C said:

😄Haha....thanks Lee.  Never saw it, and can't remember the last time I replaced one of these batteries in a key fob.  It now works fine.  Thank you all who replied.  Every day is a school day🤔😉

You’re not the first Paul - and you’ll not be the last!

I occasionally come across reviews of electrical items by people complaining that they were faulty on delivery - only for it to transpire that they hadn’t appreciated the significance of the little red pull tag sticking out of the Battery compartment!  🫢

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links