Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Lexus Link + app not working

I only looked at the App this morning due to this conversation. No trips recorded since 10 August and fuel showing as 26% even though I filled up on Friday. Not going to worry about it - car drives perfectly and ignorance is bliss!😬

• Like 1

I seem to be experiencing the same pattern as others… I never return from my journeys 😆

However, I notice my journey home from friends last night recorded OK and status updated at 00:03 when I got home, but this time it didn’t record the journey there.

Hopefully both my trips will record tomorrow when I go out ….

Nor did I but the odd thing is we seem to have lost some periods during the outage and not others. 

Previous cars didn’t need an app but being able to see charge status and other points can be really useful. Such a great car in almost every respect but having worked on user interface projects the app is a long way from the quality of the brand or car. 

I agree with your guess on it being to fix a glitch.  I don’t need the app for the driving but I just confess to being the sort that likes to look at the data if it’s there. Sad but true! 

• Like 1

On 8/16/2024 at 10:07 AM, rafarules said:

Any ideas if this might be related…yesterday (15th Aug), my infotainment screen showed a software update error, error code 101.

I rebooted the head unit, which got rid of it.

I have lost trip data, but also traffic flow data (red/ orange etc)

Next to the clock (top right of screen)  I have also noticed that DCM is no longer illuminated!

Car is in for a recall fix in a few weeks time, but if anyone has a quick fix solution it would be much appreciated!

I have all but Given up With this App..Nothing But problems since they upgraded It...frustrating  But Never Think of this App since i Installed a DB2 from Rewire Security..Gives me All the Information i could ever Want Or Need and is So Reliable..Quick solution to Fix the Lexus app-- Ditch it..!! My Opinion Only Of Course..!!!

The only thing I miss is the charge completed notification…….. the range estimates are meaningless - the Ev was always different from the car range and the petrol range is a joke.

it records trips for a few weeks then misses a few and then starts to record them again - not too useful but is Ok to wind the wife up about her driving style when she has been out in the car

it did link this morning but off again this evening

On 8/17/2024 at 12:36 PM, Mobeam said:

Thank you Peter. Having same issues i.e Update Error screen and greyed out DCM. Also app has not recorded any trips or charge % since yesterday. 

Question; Who and how did you make contact with LEXUS HO ; Email/Phone etc ? useful for forum members to know if and when this happens again....which I think will !!

They [LEXUS] have all of our details such as Email/phone numbers etc via the app or via MultiMedia owners website. Surely they could send a text/ email advising us that they have a problem and trying to fix it. This would be most helpful and stop all the numerous calls and visits to dealers etc. I am sure that they are many owners  out there who are not members of this excellent forum and right now are very frustrated. 

If I have any issues (not just specific to my vehicle), I email Lexus Uk customer relations 

cr@lexus.co.uk

It is back working again today and I used the above advice to contact Customer Services who said:

After thorough investigation, we’ve identified that the issue is due to a widespread problem with our network partner. This has affected many of our customers, and we completely understand the impact it’s having on your experience. 

We are LED to believe this has been rectified now, can you confirm and check by syncing your vehicle again to the LexusLink+ app?

If your problem is resolved… [etc]

• Like 1

Mine has been fine the last few days.  

I have done a lot of trotting around today and all of my trips have recorded.

Throughout the period of downtown I never had any issue error messages on my media screen, just intermittent recorded trips and not being able to lock/unlock via the app (not that I ever use that function).

Guess it depends on which server you log on to maybe, but who knows 🤔

I think it may be an “upgrade” that when wrong rather than server.  Some subtle differences before / after the issue such as the notitification message

before message was.   2023 NX : Charging complete

now reads.                    NX 450h: charging complete

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links