Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Lexus Link + app not working

Just checking with this group as I’ve seen on Facebook I’m not the only one.  Mine last updated about 36 hrs ago 1800 yesterday.  Anyone else able to confirm this?

• Sad 1

Yes. Mine hasn't updated in the last 36 hours. All journeys since yesterday morning not recorded.

Phoned my dealer this afternoon and it appears that one of the Lexus server's is down. Hopefully normal service will resume soon!

• Thanks 1

Mine last updated at 8:30 yesterday morning. Still out this morning ….. 

don’t use it too much but miss the notification to tell me charge is complete rather than going out to the driveway every half hour to see if green light has gone out

• Like 1

Used the car for the first time since Tuesday and my journey has shown up yet. 

I will be interested if they show up once their issue is sorted as I really enjoy analysing my journeys 🤔

Any ideas if this might be related…yesterday (15th Aug), my infotainment screen showed a software update error, error code 101.

I rebooted the head unit, which got rid of it.

I have lost trip data, but also traffic flow data (red/ orange etc)

Next to the clock (top right of screen)  I have also noticed that DCM is no longer illuminated!

Car is in for a recall fix in a few weeks time, but if anyone has a quick fix solution it would be much appreciated!

• Like 1

I’ve had exactly the same on my new ES (picked up 1st). 

It may be worth emphasising that a few gremlins were noticeable:

- the speed limit did not display on the dashboard (for a few minutes);

- the SatNav did not come up on the dashboard (though again, this is sporadic); 

- I got the Error 101 which kept reappearing every 10-15 seconds, thus rendering the system effectively inoperable, but that has now stopped;

- the Lexus Link app hadn’t updated since 13th (I didn’t use the car on 14th but journeys from early 15th were not recorded); and

- I could not use the remote connection.

When I cleared everything, I could not reconnect the car to the app. As of this morning, that was still the case. It either refuses outright, or doesn’t provide a code. 

IMG_5875.jpeg

IMG_5876.jpeg

IMG_5874.jpeg

• Like 1

Just got home and I checked the media screen and the two data arrows are blue as normal, but DCM is not illuminated which I cannot remember if it normally is?

My profile is logged in everything is working as normal, just my journeys have nit been logged. 

1 minute ago, stepppy said:

Just got home and I checked the media screen and the two data arrows are blue as normal, but DCM is not illuminated which I cannot remember if it normally is?

My profile is logged in everything is working as normal, just my journeys have nit been logged. 

Just to check this, are you sure everything is working as normal? I found I couldn't use the remote controls, for example, that the app was inaccurately recording all doors as locked when they weren't, and that the app would not update beyond evening of 13th (even though all *seemed* ok with it).

15 minutes ago, Ian J. Parsley said:

Just to check this, are you sure everything is working as normal? I found I couldn't use the remote controls, for example, that the app was inaccurately recording all doors as locked when they weren't, and that the app would not update beyond evening of 13th (even though all *seemed* ok with it).

I was referring to everything in the car/media display showing normal.

I rarely use the remote locking, but have just tried it now and it does not work, but the App is correctly reporting open/closed doors OK and shows OK on status green tick .

The status last updated was 09:03 which is when I turned off the car after my first trip today. 

• Thanks 1

It is definitely happening a lot more with my home journey not recording. Very strange that when I go to work in a morning it is recorded but just about everyday now when I come home from work it does not record so I am only getting half my journeys. 

Mine is showing yesterday's journeys but not Wednesdays or today's! Last update was 8.01am today to bring mileage, ev range etc up to date. Have been in touch with Lexus Customer Relations who are aware of the issue and have given assurance that their team are working on a fix.🤨

• Like 1

Response I received earlier…must be causing Lexus a big headache on a Friday evening!

Thank you for contacting Lexus UK. 

Regrettably, I must advise that an issue has been identified with the LL+ app which is affecting many of our Lexus customers. We completely understand the impact this will be having on your experience.

Please rest assured that our Multimedia team are working to resolve this issue as quickly as they can and are fully committed to restoring services and ensuring everything is back to normal as soon as possible.

We greatly appreciate your patience and understanding during this time and can only apologise for the inconvenience this has caused. 

Kind regards

• Like 7

19 hours ago, rafarules said:

Response I received earlier…must be causing Lexus a big headache on a Friday evening!

Thank you for contacting Lexus UK. 

Regrettably, I must advise that an issue has been identified with the LL+ app which is affecting many of our Lexus customers. We completely understand the impact this will be having on your experience.

Please rest assured that our Multimedia team are working to resolve this issue as quickly as they can and are fully committed to restoring services and ensuring everything is back to normal as soon as possible.

We greatly appreciate your patience and understanding during this time and can only apologise for the inconvenience this has caused. 

Kind regards

Thank you Peter. Having same issues i.e Update Error screen and greyed out DCM. Also app has not recorded any trips or charge % since yesterday. 

Question; Who and how did you make contact with LEXUS HO ; Email/Phone etc ? useful for forum members to know if and when this happens again....which I think will !!

They [LEXUS] have all of our details such as Email/phone numbers etc via the app or via MultiMedia owners website. Surely they could send a text/ email advising us that they have a problem and trying to fix it. This would be most helpful and stop all the numerous calls and visits to dealers etc. I am sure that they are many owners  out there who are not members of this excellent forum and right now are very frustrated. 

• Like 3

All working as of 12:15 hrs today, Saturday 17th. After having no connection via Lexus Link + app since Thursday 15th, all good, all working. 

Edited by G1974
Added text
  • Like 1

Seemingly likewise, I noticed my DCM was no longer blanked out about half an hour ago; I was then given a QR code with which to connect and, although I haven’t checked everything, I am certainly connected with the correct mileage etc. 

Only thing I would say is that my trip today (even after stopping the car) has not been recorded. 

My DCM is not illuminated, but the status has updated at 13:52 today and one of my trips from Friday is showing up. 

Seems to be all coming up gradually 👍

20 minutes ago, Ian J. Parsley said:

I had to do a complete reset, but now everything seems to be working ok. 

Think I will wait a bit longer before I resort to that.

I have so many tweaks it takes ages to set it all back up. It’s a shame there is no dedicated back up of settings as every time I have reset in the past, when I first got the car, there were always some things it never remembered. 

My status updated but mileage/charge still incorrect and no journeys recorded (Wednesday and Friday, but Thursday OK??) Strangely my sat nav was never affected.

1 hour ago, stepppy said:

Think I will wait a bit longer before I resort to that.

I have so many tweaks it takes ages to set it all back up. It’s a shame there is no dedicated back up of settings as every time I have reset in the past, when I first got the car, there were always some things it never remembered. 

I’d agree with you. And I note, for all that, my last trip has not saved. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ken R said:

My status updated but mileage/charge still incorrect and no journeys recorded (Wednesday and Friday, but Thursday OK??) Strangely my sat nav was never affected.

Hi Ken.

I’ve had a similar experience.

I lost app connectivity when it stopped updating and there were a number of trips for the system to catch up on. It came back online for me when I tried to update again this afternoon.

It has now updated most trips but apparently I never came back from my nephew’s wedding yesterday!  Strangely it is missing the trips from the middle of the outage. It caught up on earlier activity and today but is missing a portion from inbeween. It will be interesting to see if it corrects or will always be missing. 

• Confused 1

Hi David

I experienced this same situation about 2 years ago when I had my NX450h+ and unfortunately I think any missing trips will remain missing. Likewise my last "outward" journey yesterday has been recorded but the homeward bound is missing. No trips were recorded on Wednesday but bizarrely all Thursdays journeys appeared in the info yesterday.🤔

• Thanks 1

I'm not too surprised.  The server probaly has 2 sides, collecting raw data from the vehicle and sending processed data (or making it available) to the App. The trips are recorded if the server is up but not when it's down. The server could be down for a planned software update, because its been subject to dodgy activity (such as hacking), or because of a software glitch.  Since the recent issues lasted about 2 and a half days, I'm guessing yhe latter. As the software engineers ran various fixes, the server would have been up and down. 

Not ideal and not what we want but after experiencing Microsoft's buggy software for over 30 years, the issues that have hit Lexus aren't a big surprise to me. Fortunately, they don't affect the way my car runs and, prior to this car, I never had, or needed, an app to use or enjoy my driving. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links