Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Flat Battery Experience

Go to solution Solved by stepppy,

1 hour ago, lotoit said:

Thanks.
Do you think this product could be enough or do I need something different?
https://www.amazon.it/demergenza-automatico-estremamente-NOCO-GB20/dp/B015TKPT1A/?__mk_it_IT=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&language=en_GB

PS.
I saw a video where they show where to connect the clamps. For the negative one, is there a position closer to the positive in your opinion? I have seen that the various jumper boosts all have very short cables.

image.png

The charger looks fine - doesn't need a lot of power for a hybrid. As for the negative lead, I don't have the same car so difficult to judge, but any unpainted bolt that goes into the chassis should work ok if you can't reach the designated point.

3 hours ago, lotoit said:

The NOCO unit will work fine but it's very expensive and there's absolutely no need whatsoever to spend that much. This page has lots of cheaper ones that will do the job equally well.

I have a TackLife T8 that I bought about 4 years ago and it's been superb. I paid about 50 quid for it and although I've only used it on my own car once, it's rescued many others without fault. The last time I charged it up was 9 months ago and it still has 92% charge left.

I saw a video where they show where to connect the clamps. For the negative one, is there a position closer to the positive in your opinion? I have seen that the various jumper boosts all have very short cables.

You're overthinking this. The -ve (negative) Battery post is wired directly to the car body, so there isn't one specific place to connect to.

Red goes to +ve terminal at the front or on the Battery post at the back.
Black goes to -ve Battery post or any unpainted screw, nut, bolt, bracket or other metalwork that is within easy reach. That could be top, bottom, front or back, just as long as it's unpainted, bare metal.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Herbie said:

es to +ve terminal at the front or on the battery post at the back.
Black goes to -ve battery post or any unpainted screw, nut, bolt, bracket or other metalwork that is within easy reach. That could be top, bottom, front or back, just as long as it's unpainted, bare metal.

Something like that?

image2.png

• Like 1

Something like that?

image2.png

Yes, that looks alright to me.

One note of caution is that some screws will screw into a plastic bit and that wouldn't be any good. If it went through the plastic and into the metal underneath that would do the job. As I said earlier, the whole car body is connected to the negative Battery post by means of a thick copper cable and woven copper braid earth straps, so any good metal to metal contact is suitable.

• Like 1

I put a dashcam in my mate’s LBX the other day and in seemingly no time we completely flattened the Battery.   Luckily we’d got the bonnet open and sorted it in no time.  Just a little tip for jump starting.   A lot of these jump packs need to see some voltage before activating and if it’s low enough, it won’t work.  If that happens, they have a “boost” button or similar.   

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Don C said:

I put a dashcam in my mate’s LBX the other day and in seemingly no time we completely flattened the battery.   Luckily we’d got the bonnet open and sorted it in no time.  Just a little tip for jump starting.   A lot of these jump packs need to see some voltage before activating and if it’s low enough, it won’t work.  If that happens, they have a “boost” button or similar.   

Interesting one I had a dash cam put in two days ago no problems so far but I did wonder if this would be a problem because of the Battery problems I have it to detect anyone near the car when it’s parked up 🤔

55 minutes ago, Davef49 said:

Interesting one I had a dash cam put in two days ago no problems so far but I did wonder if this would be a problem because of the battery problems I have it to detect anyone near the car when it’s parked up 🤔

No it won’t if it’s wired up right.  I had the doors open and stuff switched on etc without it being in ready mode, my fault entirely.  

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Don C said:

I put a dashcam in my mate’s LBX the other day and in seemingly no time we completely flattened the battery.

The latest BlackVue cameras have built-in voltage regulators that monitor the Battery to ensure that its voltage doesn’t drop below a preset level.  This is particularly useful when the camera is in Parking Mode and the ignition is off.

For older systems they have the Power Magic Pro that sits between the camera and the Battery.

https://blackvue.co.uk/what-is-parking-mode/

I’m sure other makes have something similar.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links