Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Some LC500 UK parts prices

Hi all, if anyone's curious.

I called Lexus Preston today, not my nearest but SO much better service than some of the others.

I only have one key for my LC, my fault, didn't think to ask after I clapped eyes on the beauty 😅

So, a new key, cut and programmed £600.

A new front cover for the existing key, it's peeling! £148.

A bonnet, £1075. Painting @£700.

A door skin, £1600. The inner door....POA 😳

A door mirror, £900.

A short V8 engine £25000.

A wing, under £500.

A boot lid @ £1000 but there's lots of additional parts...

A wheel £2600.

Apparently there's a shield available for a few Lexus models which covers the 'canbus' behind the headlight, £90 plus fitting. (DIY?).

I'm currently waiting to see if the dealer will honour his promise to supply me with the missing key 🙄.  However he's probably still smarting over the £800 major service he got done before collection.

Regards..

Tom.

55 minutes ago, Tom999 said:

Apparently there's a shield available for a few Lexus models which covers the 'canbus' behind the headlight, £90 plus fitting. (DIY?).

Not for the LC and I wouldn't consider it a DIY job if there was.

Re canbus cover it's RX only but apparently can be adapted to fit others. Offered free of charge to the hallowed RX owners but ultimately pointless as as far as I have been able to find out thiefey can just cut the wires near the protected plug and hack the canbus system that way.

New key £600 - cheaper to buy a canbus hacker...but I'd definitely chase your supplying dealer.

Key cover - check amazon out - they're bound to do a chineseum version.

Andy, so far Ive only seen covers available in the US. The Lexus parts man did say they fit most models but you may know better from experience. I was thinking of getting one of those throttle commanders, purely because you can hit an option disabling the system.

• Like 1

Parts prices being high for a 110K car doesn't seem exactly surprising. I paid well over a grand for a Aston Vantage tail light 10 years ago because a couple of the LED's had failed, so not much shocks me.

• Like 1

Brett, maybe the parts man looked up part of the boot lid. If it's the assembly I'm buying in bulk 🤣 

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links