Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Lexus LBX VVT-iE Takumi Design SUV

Go to solution Solved by stepppy,

• Solution

It refers to the engine technology.

VVT = variable valve timing, the i for injection and I suspect the E is a reference to the hybrid technology. 

• Thanks 1

I have decided to go for a new royal blue metallic ( not sure of correct name ) LBX  with premium plus, due to dealership for reg in September.

is ceramic coating worth having .

39 minutes ago, Dells said:

is ceramic coating worth having .

I'd say no, expensive if you have it done properly. It's 10 months down the line since ours was done, looked superb at first but can't really see a  difference between it and untouched ones now. Then there is the self healing paint if they use it on the LBX, so easy to bugger it up if it's done slightly wrong.

• Like 1

Morning Derek,

The ceramic isn’t worth the money as they just get the valeter to put some on and it wears off after a month or two anyway. When you get it home, I’d give yr car a polish then use the Autoglym ceramic spray just to seal the paint, and the Rapid detailer after each wash. Re apply the ceramic after a month or so and you’ll get the same result. The detailer is superb after a wash removing the water marks etc. 

• Like 1

Thanks for replies I must admit I was thinking that anyway, I was a coachbuilder when I was at work so was always involved in paint work (2K) , I always use a detailer on my UX and previous cars but not seen Autoglym ceramic spray so will check that out.

Dell

I rate ceramic coating, I’ve had it on all my cars after 4/5 years, as long as you use the linked wash additive then the paint still beads and the cars have looked as good as new. However if you like washing and polishing every so often then the Autoglym system works as pretty much as well. I think the key is to avoid mechanical car washes and commercial “hand” washes. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Partridge said:

I rate ceramic coating, I’ve had it on all my cars after 4/5 years, as long as you use the linked wash additive then the paint still beads and the cars have looked as good as new. However if you like washing and polishing every so often then the Autoglym system works as pretty much as well. I think the key is to avoid mechanical car washes and commercial “hand” washes. 

Never used garage wire brushes ( sorry commercial car wash 🤪) in my life , always wash myself by hand with before & after pressure wash then detailer and dry.

Dell

I had my KIa Stinger coated in Matrix Black ceramic (7 year guarantee) - saved me a fortune in minor paintwork repairs and was so easy to clean and keep looking good without waxing etc.

Just had my LBX Original Ed done with Gtechiq New Car Package ceramic (9 year guarantee) and hoping for as good a result as Matrix Black.

Not cheap and MUST be done by experts, but in my opinion well worth while - do not confuse with Supagard or similar offered by money grubbing car sales people.

What's peoples experience with Lexus dealers and aftersales been ? Mine has been awful.

I'm waiting for the 300BHP Morizo - sounds perfect. But a) Lexus probably won't let us have it. b) It will probably be a stupid price over here and c) Someone will try to nick it anyway.  But I want one!

On 8/19/2024 at 4:15 PM, vanjag said:

What's peoples experience with Lexus dealers and aftersales been ? Mine has been awful.

My experience with Lexus Edinburgh has been nothing short of outstanding! Have dealt with them since 2018 and now on my third Lexus. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links