Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Last week my RX4 went in for service, and I requested an RZ as a courtesy car for the day, and I have to admit, having never driven an all electric vehicle before, I was, overall quite impressed. 
It has good looks, and handling, very quiet and smooth, as you would expect, excellent performance, and when I collected the car it had 96% Battery, giving a range of 232 miles which I considered reasonable, with, I am told a software update to come giving 280 miles, so no too shabby at all.

The actual range in fact was under estimated, as the Battery life left when I handed it back , would probably have exceeded 250!

I would certainly consider the RZ, but only as a second car, if I could afford it.

I do not think for one moment this RZ is of Lexus quality throughout the interior, the materials used I felt were plasticy over and beyond what I should get in a Lexus, and the future deprecation, not of the Lexus, but any EV is too frightening for me, as a private buyer to consider.

Perhaps the RZ is designed for a new generation of drivers, but on handing it back, I entered my RX4, a gentleman’s club, and left the discotheque behind.

• Like 3

I too borrowed a RZ while RX450H was being serviced.

You are definitely in a lexus.but the trim and accessory level was below that of theRX. I actually had to ask what trim level it had. they said it was the Takumi. I was left a bit disappointed as stated above the materials just didnt have that same luxury feeling. It was my first drive in an all electric car. the acceleration was quite addictive didnt have it long enough to know about range.

David

• Like 1

I got one as a courtesy car when my previous NX450h was in for some recall work.

I too was impressed by the performance, slightly underwhelmed by the interior trim - particularly the seat upholstery - but what I couldn't get over was the lack of a rear wiper! Tried every switch before actually examining the rear of the car to discover there was no wiper!

The RZ doesn’t have any real leather on any trim, all vegan fake leather and suede (apparently we all need to be green vegan ecozealots if we want an EV). I think that may largely explain the perceived lower quality and plastic feel?

I also had the RZ as a courtesy car while my RX was being serviced. The RZ was a Takumi grade, lots of toys and generally a lovely car. Drove very well, very quiet and responsive. I liked the ultra-suede upholstery. The cabin trims felt quite flimsy, plastic was abundant and very thin with exposed edges. Getting back into the RX really highlighted how solidly built it was, the RZ nowhere near as 'classy'.

I think the RZ has been designed with massive weight saving in mind?

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links