Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Satnav options on used NX

I currently drive a 2008 RX400h which has been a joy to drive and own but I fancy something a little newer and the NX is my preferred option.

I won't be buying a new one and I sat in a 2016 car yesterday which I really liked. It had the small screen and rotary dial.

I simply use my phone for satnav on the RX but would like to use the in car display on my next car. The satnav on the 2016 car looks very dated, that's the one thing putting me off.

What is earliest model with usable satnav ?

What is earliest model with android auto compatibility?

Thanks

Think 2018 onwards gives the Android auto capability provided its been upgraded by the dealership as it didn't come as standard on early cars. When I had by NX300h (2018 MY) I actually found the standard sar nav acceptable!

• Like 2

I would like to buy an old shape NX with Android auto, wired would be ok. I'm feeling frustrated trying to find one.

Looking in auto trader, how do I tell if a car has this feature. I've tried calling a few garages about specific cars  including lexus dealers and they generally they either don't know or say , yes I think so.

Is there a specific question I need to ask regarding trim level / option or can I tell when viewing the vehicle without actually trying to connect a phone.

Thanks 

The below article written by Lexus UK may get you closer to the answer:-

https://mag.lexus.co.uk/lexus-apple-carplay-and-android-auto-upgrade/

The article states that "Lexus NX models produced from September 2018 to September 2019" should be upgradable (and beyond September 2019 I would imagine).

This does correlate with my experience as I previously owned a 18 plate NX which was able to be upgraded via a software update. If I recall correctly some cars had to have a number of software upgrades applied before they became eligible for the Android Auto one. 

Can't quite remember exactly now but the AA / Carplay upgrade added an extra option to the car's Infotainment system settings under the "Online applications" section (or something like that) so if you're sitting in a prospective purchase, check the car's settings.

Hope this helps. 

1 hour ago, david-now said:

Looking in auto trader, how do I tell if a car has this feature. I've tried calling a few garages about specific cars  including lexus dealers and they generally they either don't know or say , yes I think so.

Yes I think so is never a great answer 🙄

A bit of leg work but an easy solution to this one.
Choose a few cars you might be interested in and arrange a viewing and test drive. Take your phone and USB-A cable with you, without pairing it to the car plug it in and see what happens.
Speaking only from an Iphone POV on the menu screen (10" pioneer unit) when the phone is plugged in you'll get a CarPlay option appear, unplug the phone and it disappears. I would assume it is the same for AA.

Hi new here, just bought my first Lexus - NX300h / 2017. Excellent car and ownership experience so far...except the on-board sat-nav.  Reading this thread it looks as though Android Auto would only be an available upgrade if my car was from 2018 (which it isn't).  Are there any other options to upgrade it while retaining full car functionality on the current (small) screen?

The Lexus salesman said that there was a way but his colleague was unavailable who had experience of this and has been on holiday since I took delivery.  Anyone have experience of this supposed upgrade?

Thanks in advance!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links