Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

RCF with 189k miles on AT!

Just looked at the photos of it on AT, my conclusion you get what you pay for although I'm sure there must be plenty of life left in the engine.

Bugger… i was hoping i had the highest mileage  but im less than half that at just over 91k ☹️…well credit to owner off that one for actually going out and driving his F rather than it being a weekend or driveway queen

• Like 3

Went running to AT when I saw this thread, but.

"This car is a part exchange that we have just taken in, it is being sold as is on a trade sale basis for substantially below market value, we will not be preparing it or providing any warranty, this is NOT a retail sale."

I'm out lol.

31 minutes ago, Bluethunder said:

I think the mileage is too high to be covered on the relax warranty. 

It is, the Relax Warranty is up to 10 years or 100,000 miles. After this, the Extended Warranty is up to 15 years or 150,000 miles.

I just sold my 110,000 mile RCF which was still in excellent mechanical condition (as expected!)

I’m not sure on the legalities of selling a used car as a trader to a retail customer without any form of come back if anything goes wrong. The CRA 2015 provides certain protections to consumers in this instance, even without an explicit warranty agreement. I don’t believe that simply stating it’s a trade sale basis would relieve a trader of their legal obligations!

Of course it’s not legal. As I stated a trade price is around £9k anyway so he is trying to nearly double the money and avoid any responsibility. A total cheeky cxxx

Hopefully any potential buyers would make this forum their first port of call and be aware.

• Like 1

I saw this on AT and had to do a double take :shocking: But looking at the pictures it needs paint on more panels than not so the milage isn't the only concern. If you own a paint shop or wrapping business it might cost in but not for me. My ideal colour combo too 😥

Another thing is it's a 2015, so just like an ISF it's going to need the valley plate and the cam tensioners doing if they haven't been already and at that milage both will be on the horizon if not imminent, so that's the better part of £5k any potential buyer would need to set aside.

• 2 weeks later...

Previous owner or owners did what we should all be doing with our Lexii  .......  using them to the full and getting all the fun and enjoyment from them that's possible

Just my take on it all

Malc

• Like 2

On 8/16/2024 at 12:45 PM, DamianLEX said:

Of course it’s not legal. As I stated a trade price is around £9k anyway so he is trying to nearly double the money and avoid any responsibility. A total cheeky cxxx

Whats wrong with that?

The wrong is the fact that he sells a car as a trader with decent margin but trying to avoid giving a guarantee

(simply impossible according to law). If every trader could sell you a dodgy car stating "you got a great price so DUCK OFF"... Just think about it.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links