Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

AVS

Go to solution Solved by J Henderson,

I’ve opened a can of worms for myself now it would seem,

After my last message r.e ML stereo and not having it despite advertised as such I now have seen a past post saying AVS was added in Dec 2016 and since mine is Sept 2016 wondering if anyone can confirm that it was not added until Dec,

Car was also advertised as AVS and I’m wondering what other later additions were advertised with the car that it dosent have,

I did register with Lexus but the details there are minimal and only seem to state bare specification I.e Lexus GSF

not that I want to give the car back,

just that it would have been bargaining chips for me when I bought it if is pre AVS and any other additions there may or may not have been in Dec 2016,

just feel that what the advert says is what I should have got and disappointment if that’s not the case,

Hey, J

thanks for the quick response,

just checked and guess what,

no AVS,

im not disappointed with the ride as it’s still a fair bit better than previous m sport cars but point is I bought the car advertised with ML and AVS and it hasn’t got them,

does this have anything to do with the VDIM or VSC

as if it hasn’t got those either I feel as though it’s been misrepresented to be honest,

thanks again

37 minutes ago, Teken said:

Hey, J

thanks for the quick response,

just checked and guess what,

no AVS,

im not disappointed with the ride as it’s still a fair bit better than previous m sport cars but point is I bought the car advertised with ML and AVS and it hasn’t got them,

does this have anything to do with the VDIM or VSC

as if it hasn’t got those either I feel as though it’s been misrepresented to be honest,

thanks again

You know, it never occurred to me that the ML system was an option on a GS-F….

2 minutes ago, Jgtcracer said:

You know, it never occurred to me that the ML system was an option on a GS-F….

I think it was a £1000 option but it was extremely rare for it not to be added to the GS F. 

Just now, F.A. said:

I think it was a £1000 option but it was extremely rare for it not to be added to the GS F. 

Scandalous!! Wonder why they made that decision rather than standard as on the RC-F.  Possibly the marketers decision based upon the competition and price point? Perhaps the system is a bit more complex in the GS-F too….

Still seems tight….

Old AVS cars had Suspension Modules but, in the 2018 Model year, the System was fully revised & the Modules removed.

Tel

As I mentioned on your ML question dealers seemed to always get it wrong regarding AVS.

When I was looking to buy an RCF I was lucky to find a dealer with both. The 2017 car had AVS and to me I preferred the AVS car's ride despite being a later car and costing about £12K more.

Today Tein make a far superior active ride suspension system for the RCF. I had the Tein system fitted to my highly modified Mini Clubvan and it was wonderful.

2017 cars were the sweet spot because they had AVS and £185 a year road tax.

Interesting facts,

wish I knew about that sweet spot in 2017,

Tax cost is incredible,

Probably should have researched more but jumped on 2016 one I bought as only 21 k miles,

but no Avs when advertised as having it is a bit of a sickener to find out,

im consulting with the dealer to resolve but limited knowledge in resell values so not sure what the difference is price wise between with and without AVS🤷🏽‍♂️

T,

AVS is a standard on Top of the range models & has never been an Option in the UK.

Tel

2017 , 2018, 2019 appears to be the sweet spot regarding AVS and the lower tax but there are not many around at all. The majority of the 65-70 GS Fs are 2016 models. 

There are a handful of ‘66’ plate cars with AVS as they were produced from the December ‘16  update BUT you need a car registered from April ‘17 to benefit from the lower VED. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Tel said:

T,

AVS is a standard on Top of the range models & has never been an Option in the UK.

Tel

I think it was an option on the 3IS F Sport at one point before the 2017 facelift. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Tel said:

T,

Tel

Not on the GS F which is what this thread is concerned about but it has been an option on the IS and NX in the past.

And to just add to the confusion my car had the green coloured speakers which I think were a different option maybe for that year

34 minutes ago, B1RMA said:

And to just add to the confusion my car had the green coloured speakers which I think were a different option maybe for that year

How odd. I don’t think there were any further options than the ML regarding the sound system. 

2 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

ML was not standard on the standard RC F, only the carbon.

I didn’t know that…. Haven’t seen one without it so assumed it was.  My car is a ‘plus’ package car must have come with that along with the ventilated seats and heated steering wheel.

2 hours ago, Jgtcracer said:

I didn’t know that…. Haven’t seen one without it so assumed it was.  My car is a ‘plus’ package car must have come with that along with the ventilated seats and heated steering wheel.

For the early vehicles it was a £ 1,000 option. Then in 2018 along with the new grading system you needed the plus package to get ML.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links