Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Mark Levinson

Go to solution Solved by NemesisUK,

When I bought the car it was specified as ML stereo,

There is no label stating ML,

should there be and is it worth going back to Lexus on it as I assume there’s a cost difference on the model as I’ve only seen three I.e

gsf

gsf ML

and gsf ML/sunroof,

it doesn’t have sunroof but the dealer told me and it was listed with ML?

• Solution

Create a free account on the lexus.eu website and input the VIN to get the factory build sheet .

I'm guessing you bought the car used? It's not uncommon for dealers to get the spec wrong in their description but tbh on a used car the value difference ML would make is negligible 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, James605 said:

If it has Mark Levinson it'll be labelled here

image.thumb.png.31f34e9e28c2e0b4913731a0fd403e5a.png

Well not exactly there as that is a pic of an RC, but it will have the ML badge just below the CD slot 😉 

image.thumb.png.33ecdbe835a40d0dc5cdb219f7601493.png

7 hours ago, Teken said:

I assume there’s a cost difference on the model

ML was a £ 1,000 option.

During my UX purchase a few months ago, I phoned up many dealers who's advertisement stated the car had ML sound system. But, all the dealers confirmed the car did not have it !

It seems as though Lexus (or maybe Toyota) upload a default high specification description, maybe from a Takumi model, to tempt you in !

Thanks for the replies,

it does not have the labels,

and I joined the Lexus site which confirms,

so I will have a moan at the dealer since only recently bought and if anyone should have the spec right it should be the main dealer,

see what happens

The dealer listings need checking. Mine was recorded as not ML, but has all the correct speakers and stickers.

I agree about blaming the dealers for being lazy and not doing their research properly. The number of RCF's advertised with AVS was in the past unbelievable. I always told prospective owners to get a photo with the bonnet up. If you could identify wires coming out of the top of the struts it was an AVS equipped car and of course 2017 or later.

To save replying to both threads - can almost guarantee that there will be a caveat in the dealer T+C's that will give them a get out on the (exact) spec of the car, and that it is up to the buyer to check and confirm this before purchasing.

As a previous reply has said, the difference between having ML and not, on the price of a used car will be zip.

and for the AVS out of the 65 (according to how many left!) GSF's registered in the UK

45 registered in 2016, 10 in 2017, 6 in 2018, and 4 2019.  So even if the 2017 cars were all built after dec 2016 when AVS was made std, there's a maximum of 20 GSF's in the UK with the system.

and again if there were 2 similar 2017 cars for sale with and without AVS - I would guess the price would be the same.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links