Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Internal lights/USB port

Hi:

I have two issues about my new LBX. First, is there a setting that lets internal lights stay on when I get out the car? I can’t find one. And the LBX booklet is utter garbage, for things like this and many other things. Who the hell compiled it?
Also, everything I plug into the USB-C socket reads ‘not recognised,’ without exception. I have posted before about wanting to connect a CD player but cables don’t work. Same goes for connecting an iPod via Bluetooth. Once again, ‘not recognised’. Maybe I am doing something wrong but no idea why listening to my own music in a brand new car is so difficult. Would it have been so wrong to leave a CD player in the car? Or a regular USB port rather than a USB-C port? As it stands I would not recommend the LBX based on these issues.  Any advice or tips on either welcomed. 

Why do you need the light to stay On & can you not transfer your music to your phone ?

Tel

10 hours ago, KennyMacD said:

First, is there a setting that lets internal lights stay on when I get out the car? I can’t find one.

Once the door is shut the internal lights will go out - I don't believe there is a way to change that behaviour. After you have turned off the vehicle, if you flash the headlights they will stay on for 30 seconds which gives you time to get out and walk away.

Would it have been so wrong to leave a CD player in the car?

You will struggle to find any vehicle with a CD player these days. There are a few because the car is an old design, but any newly designed car won't have them as people no longer want them and the manufacturers are pleased to get rid of them as they have been a source of unreliability.

Same goes for connecting an iPod via Bluetooth.

The following apple devices should work fine with a cable connection (many other apple devices will also work fine):

image.thumb.png.ebea2929267a5a6ec545b675198ca3cc.png

+ anything apple CarPlay compatible. 

Others will need to confirm their experience but most Bluetooth devices should be able to pair for audio - perhaps not some really old devices.

11 hours ago, KennyMacD said:

Or a regular USB port rather than a USB-C port?

Again things move on. You just need an adapter or new cable if you wish to connect older devices - it is backwards compatible.

I'd recommend you ask your dealer for assistance - they should be able to walk you through setting everything up for you.

If you go to the settings you can change the lights stay on duration to up to 30 secs I think. It’s under illumination I think but have a look. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links