Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Lbx Recall - Software Issue

Has anyone more details of the software problem resulting in us getting a call to arrange to take our LBX in please? The phone call I got was on a crackly line and couldn't quite make out what the girl was saying. Thanks

1 hour ago, Tel said:

Zero Issues on Facebook too?

Spoof?

Tel

Don't think so Tel. I have had a confirmation text about having a replacement car while the work is done and also a confirmation email from Stoneacre. I'll make a phone call today and report back. Thanks for your reply.

I have read a few things posted on Facebook with varying info with Lexus having to do a software update on parking brake system?  So not sure if this is what the call was about. Either way best to check with your VIN number on Lexus website to see if there is a recall against your car or check with your dealer. 

2 hours ago, EEH said:

I have read a few things posted on Facebook with varying info with Lexus having to do a software update on parking brake system?  So not sure if this is what the call was about. Either way best to check with your VIN number on Lexus website to see if there is a recall against your car or check with your dealer. 

Thanks for writing. You are correct, my recall is about the parking brake system after all. After Tel's reply earlier I did check the recall check on the website and my car came up as needing a recall. However, after trying again just now to copy the text on the forum for others to read, the following message comes up:

"Sorry, there is an issue with the data we have available on this vehicle. Please contact your local dealer who will be able to assist further.'

I'll see what happens.

• Like 1

Car booked -in for Parking Brake Issue.

Mid September .

Want it all day, so I believe it is not solely confined to Software.

Tel

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Tel said:

Has anyone had their Recall completed & was more info available once fixed ?

Tel

I've just returned from having mine done. Wasn't told anything nor was any paperwork handed over, I should have asked in retrospect but needed to get back home quickly. The dealership was very busy indeed so I'm guessing a few cars were getting done. They had the car for 3 hours and surprisingly topped the tank up for me. Not a helpful reply from me I guess.

• Like 1

Had the Software Update done yesterday on the Braking System that took c. 90mins.

Loan car was the Top Spec 2024 UXe & was offered a full clean which I declined.

My car was connected to an external Battery whilst the update took place.

Tel

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links