Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Today i got abs error, check brake system and pop hood error. What could be the cause, came out of nowhere. Car is lexus is300h 2013. Is the car safe to drive?

Multiple errors out of nowhere is most likely a bad 12v Battery. Even if it shows 12+ v at rest it can at times drop under load. So maybe try charging it first. Also no codes are needed if you disconnect and reconnect the Battery

Well took out the 12v Battery. Charged it but it was actually full so my charger charged it for like 10 minutes. Put the Battery back seemed like problem is gone. Now after 2 days first i got traction control blinking, then abs brake system errror. Shut the car down then started again still got the abs and brake system message. Then i drove a bit on the highway and abs/brake system error went away and i was left only with the pop the hood message. Then i shut the car down again and started it and now i have no ettor messages again. 😀 

went to garage to scan. Showed C1466 rear right speed sensor circuit. Guy told me to look for broken connector or wire or smth. Still funny that the error is not displayed all the time.

1 hour ago, Strenoob11 said:

went to garage to scan. Showed C1466 rear right speed sensor circuit. Guy told me to look for broken connector or wire or smth. Still funny that the error is not displayed all the time.

It could be because a connector is loose or corroded making intermittent contact.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay i found a sensor

i inserted the product code  89546-30080

Sensor looks exactly the same but in deacription it shows its for GS. Will it fit my IS, are theyre part numbers the same?

21 minutes ago, Strenoob11 said:

Okay i found a sensor

i inserted the product code  89546-30080

Sensor looks exactly the same but in deacription it shows its for GS. Will it fit my IS, are theyre part numbers the same?

That's the left hand sensor. 89545 is the right hand side. 

Details here https://www.amayama.com/en/catalogs/lexus/is300h/3-sedan-right-xe30-2013-3642/electrics-4/abs-vsc-348

2 hours ago, Strenoob11 said:

From https://lexuspartsdirect.co.uk/product/lexus-is-phase-3-n-s-rear-abs-sensor/

it says 89546 is passenger side sensor so the right side!?

IMG_2346.png

In the UK N/S is nearside or the side closest to the kerb which is the left side or the passenger side (our steering wheel is on the right). In Europe and US its the other way round i presume. But the above is left side.

Hi. Did you solve your problem with new sensor? I had a very similar problem but mine would sometimes throw an abs fault when reversing at full lock. Would go away on restart. I also had to replace front right bearing due to play in it and thought it will also sort the fault out. (Bearing comes with abs in one piece) and now my abs light is on, tech stream shows front right abs circuit. That's the new OEM bearing with abs that was replaced, and it sometimes will go away while driving. So I am puzzled is it the wire or plug to it got somehow damaged or the new sensor is dud or needs some sort of calibration to the car. Scan tool shows speed as 0 when the fault is triggered and shows actual speed when fault disappears. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links