Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

My 250h - First Impressions

2 hours ago, Don C said:

I tend to reserve the word shocking for a nut case running around with a machete and even that isn’t too far off normal these days but I do agree that it is disappointing and it would only take a change of attitude and some empathy from the dealer to keep you happy until they come to a conclusion but not necessarily a solution.  The reason I say this is because you’ve got my attention with this Paul.   I’ve had two UX’s in quick succession from new and they both make a vibrating/droning noise on occasions that comes in and out particularly when pulling up hills at higher speeds.  I wouldn’t personally describe it as a judder but a harmonic vibration.  I run my cars on all season tyres from day one and I’d put it down to the slightly “blocky” tread of the tyres causing some resonation under load but I’m wondering now if it is the same as yours.  This new 300h does it less than the previous 250h but it still does it so it might be a “normal” thing although not what we’d expect from a Lexus for sure.  The problem I’ve got in reporting this is that I’d need to refit the standard wheels and check it again and even then it might not be easy to replicate because it doesn’t always do it.  

Cheers Don.  Interesting…..my UX tends to do it in the same kind of scenario.  I’d perhaps say judder is too strong a word….more like a very rapid ‘shimmy’, that comes and goes, and lasts for around 10 secs or so.  Did it the other day, as I was taking it to be looked at, but this time was in the Eco band but still under gentle acceleration up an incline. Generally speaking I find the ride ‘fidgety’ and the ride on the LBX courtesy car I have is pretty much exactly the same….so the ‘shimmy’ doesn’t help I feel.  Anyway, when I get it back, and if it’s something I have to live with then fine👍 My dealings with the dealer involve other bits too…..but hey, as I mentioned to them as I dropped my car off, if they can sort the couple of bits out, replace the mirror free of charge I’ll be happy. To their credit they have given me two tanks of fuel, for which I’m grateful🙂 I can’t ask for much more🙂

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Pauly C said:

Cheers Don.  Interesting…..my UX tends to do it in the same kind of scenario.  I’d perhaps say judder is too strong a word….more like a very rapid ‘shimmy’, that comes and goes, and lasts for around 10 secs or so.  Did it the other day, as I was taking it to be looked at, but this time was in the Eco band but still under gentle acceleration up an incline. Generally speaking I find the ride ‘fidgety’ and the ride on the LBX courtesy car I have is pretty much exactly the same….so the ‘shimmy’ doesn’t help I feel.  Anyway, when I get it back, and if it’s something I have to live with then fine👍 My dealings with the dealer involve other bits too…..but hey, as I mentioned to them as I dropped my car off, if they can sort the couple of bits out, replace the mirror free of charge I’ll be happy. To their credit they have given me two tanks of fuel, for which I’m grateful🙂 I can’t ask for much more🙂

I’ll try to record it on my way home tonight.  

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links