Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Gittin' in and gittin' out

Hi all. I'm excitedly anticipating purchasing an LC. I'm a muscle car fan but I've rather evolved into a luxury fan over time. I was around in the heyday of muscle cars, the sixties, and always wanted one but the closest I ever got was an 81 corvette which I drove like I stole it until I lost it in a second divorce. A third divorce passed by, a failed business attempt, life kicking the stool out from under my feet time and again and here I am. After some good luck and recovery time, here I am looking at what I've come to love only from a distance, the LC, what I see as a sport, luxury muscle car. Since I live in Central America for the time being, test driving one will have to wait for another trip to the US.
This brings me to the question I've yet to find and answer to online. Having owned a Corvette for 12 years I recall how before it went away, I started having to struggle to get out of it. Today I am 68 years old and I'm curious how it is to get in and out of the LC, how it compares to the corvette.
I absolutely love the look of the LC, above all. I haven't seen anything else that is in my price range that brings so much to the table and offers legendary reliability.
I'd like to hear from older drivers of this car as well as other suggestions. Thanks

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised and I've had saloon cars that were harder to live with but one feature I use constantly is the memory seat positions. There are three settings and when I get out I use no 3 which I have programmed to retreat as far as possible and this definitely helps given the width of the doors and how far you need to open them to exit. Once back in the car then I press seat position 2 programmed to put me into a relaxed driving mode and when the time is right position 1 to get me closer to the wheel.

Obviously as well as the seat location you can adjust for height and rake and if I were you I would try (before you buy) the various settings and reserve one of the memory choices for making your exit/entrance as easy as is possible. Given that the car is a GT rather than an out-and-out sports car this is in no small part reflected in the seats.

BTW, I'm fortunate my wife will not drive the car, so all 3 seat positions are for my sole use!

• Thanks 1

I'm surprised the LC doesn't have an easy entry/exit mode that automatically moves seat and steering wheel when one turns on the ignition. My RX does..

44 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

I'm surprised the LC doesn't have an easy entry/exit mode that automatically moves seat and steering wheel when one turns on the ignition. My RX does..

It does but you may find the settings not quite right for your situation. I'm thinking in terms of height adjustment in particular. I suppose position 3 as mentioned above could be regarded as a more customised easy in/out.

13 hours ago, BPoulter said:

I'm curious how it is to get in and out of the LC

Depends on how far you can open the door. In the UK, many parking spaces are the width of the smallest car ever made plus a gnats... which can make it tricksy.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Ruffle said:

Depends on how far you can open the door. In the UK, many parking spaces are the width of the smallest car ever made plus a gnats... which can make it tricksy.

I remember reading that car parking spaces in general are likely to be the “ standard minimum” required by Planning Officers as those instigated in the 1930’s 

Mercedes and a few others overcame this issue with the Gullwing effect …….. megabucks eh !  😄 

owners of more spacious valuable cars with wide doors often just park sensibly away from the general hoipolioy if possible 😂🤣

or have a chauffeur to take care of the parking  🤞

Malc 

• Like 1

I seem to recall parking spaces were specified as that large enough to park a Rolls Royce Silver Ghost from way back when. Having seen the Ghost upfront, I could well believe this, nowhere near the size of modern cars.

2 hours ago, Ruffle said:

On numerous occasions I had pull out of the space before my passenger could get in, simply because the doors on the RC are so wide. One of the reasons I sold the RC was because I couldn't limbo out/in the slim gap the door offered!

• Like 1

As already said there's three settings for the actual seat position, plus the entry/exit can be set to no movement, a bit of movement, or full wheel and seat movement if that makes sense.

I'd guess it's higher than a Corvette, just.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links