Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Must be happy insurance

On 9/9/2024 at 1:05 PM, Phil xxkr said:

Change your insurer not the car! I am rural Derbyshire and pay nowhere near that? Albeit a gen3 car 🤔

Phil Car Insurance seems to be Calculated and Scored on Algorithims,,Ie Car Value/age/Location/Parking/ Thefts/ Driver age/ Penalties/ Occupation/ Mileage/ Accidents/etc...How they calculate the Risk Is Beyond Me..Its one BIG lottery..!!!!!

37 minutes ago, RONNIE W HODGEKINSON said:

Phil Car Insurance seems to be Calculated and Scored on Algorithims,,Ie Car Value/age/Location/Parking/ Thefts/ Driver age/ Penalties/ Occupation/ Mileage/ Accidents/etc...How they calculate the Risk Is Beyond Me..Its one BIG lottery..!!!!!

Fundamentally I suspect they don't actually care as long as their overall revenue to bottom line numbers meets expectations. Furthermore their financial modelling is sufficiently sensitive enough to tweak any element to take account of any unforeseen blip in anticipation of risk. 

Yes.. Your Probably Right.. The Priority Is to Extract as much Money out Of The Client So They can Please the Directors of the Company.. In My opinion they Seem to Cast Aside Customer Loyalty..ie Clients who Return Every year....So Loyalty Bears no Real Consideration In There Customer Base..Hence why MOST people Change there car insurance company With Regularity...Continuity and Change Its a Social Science Fact Even in The Car Industry....

Is the insurance issue just Gen 4 models?

I've had my 2007 Rx400h for 11 years now, nothing wrong with it, but just fancied a newer model.

Are quotes for Gen 3 models equally as stupid as Gen 4?

If so, I'll just keep the old faithful until the insurance fiasco hopefully sorts itself out, or regrettably I'll be looking at another make.

It's just the gen 4's.  My Gen 3 was cheap to insure and was a solid car.  I'd go for the FSport if you change. It uses lateral dampers as well as conventional damping to reduce body roll. It also uses the LED headlamps with auto cornering adjustments (excellent too) and mine came with HUD and Levinson stereo too.  I also preferred the looks of the styling over standard models.  I found the standard versions had to much wallow and the pneumatic suspension on the premium models is a ticking time bomb for expensive replacements.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links