Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Must be happy insurance

Well over the last few weeks no one complaining on the forum about rx450h insurance so everybody must be happy 😃 certainly not me just paid £1707 for next year GoCompare start from £2300 and many many will not insure you hear are some LV/CO OP/SARGA/HASTINGS/SANTANDER +lots of others insured with NFU MUTUAL in the end over 40years no claim and clean license as like some of us over 75 just also lost my winter allowance .Have a lot of sympathy for those in the London region insurance must be mega 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Insurance is often a rip off.

Always something to increase your premium - too young, too old, fast car, old car 🙄🙄

• Like 2

Talking to a human on the insurance quote phone is often most challenging too …….. it’s all just a lottery ……. a rigged lottery in favour of the insurer …… but even the human broker you eventually get to talk to is surprised at the ridiculous prices he’s having to offer you 

Well done getting it down to £1707 

Malc 

• Like 2

IIRC it used to be Norwich Union with their tag line “Quote me Happy”

Now Aviva who’s tag line along with all the others should be “Quote me Wappy”

Always makes me smile when insurance companies offer “no loss of NCB if you are hit by an uninsured driver” They fail to mention of course that the premium will probably quadruple and even with your protected NCB you will still be paying at least double!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, steve2006 said:

Always makes me smile when insurance companies offer “no loss of NCB if you are hit by an uninsured driver” They fail to mention of course that the premium will probably quadruple and even with your protected NCB you will still be paying at least double!

Absolutely Right Steve..Spot On..!!

• Like 2

now just insuring for the 2nd year my 91 Ls400  ....  with the same insurer as last year ( at £264 )  ..  it's now  £414 ..  that's the cheapest of the many many quotes I've ventured to obtain ..  up to about £1500 or so

it's just bonkers ....  I also insure my other 95 Ls400 and my Honda Legend both with Saga on the remainder of their  3 year fixed pricing ...  they will zoom up when those " deals " run-off I'm sure

Malc

Admiral wanted more for my RX400H (£850) than my McLaren. Shopped around and went with Aviva for £430ish. Guess they just didn't want the car/model on their books. I know which would be more expensive to repair/pay me for after an incident

On 8/11/2024 at 8:15 PM, DAN@ADRIAN FLUX said:

Hi.

Please feel free to give us a try for insurance if you haven't done so already.

Regards,

Dan.

Rant time: Any time I called AF for my IS250 I don't think the quotes been below £1,500-£2,000 whilst every other insurer went for the £500-£600 mark... I don't see the point of advertising your services if you surely know your figures will be way way above market averages...

• Like 6

Totally agree phoned them for a quote would will not  insure Rx just another company that will not insure Lexus RX also the reviews are appalling 

• Like 2

NF Mutual for me.  £1100 fully comp for "proper" insurance.  I could have got it for £700 elsewhere but internet only service, no human on a phone, dubious performance in the event of any claims.  I seems that if you want decent insurance, the 4th gen models are almost impossible to insure for under £1K now.  My RX3 premium was just £262 fully comp but to replace what needed doing on it (two trailing arms, wiper blades, brake pads, tyres) would have insured the RX4 for two years.

• 4 weeks later...

As an 81 year old driver with a good record, I've just been quoted £795 by Admiral for my RX450h+ next year's insurance, which is £6 less than last year, so am reasonably happy.

• Like 3

On 8/7/2024 at 12:29 PM, steve2006 said:

And What About " Quote me Nappy " Well Some Quotes Would make you S**T Yourself..!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I know just paid one £1707 insurance plus the car tax total over £2300 I am just over 76 year old well over 30 years no claim only none conviction court scrumping when I was about twelve short legs could not run fast enough happy days.

• Sad 1

On 8/6/2024 at 6:54 PM, Ray Green said:

Well over the last few weeks no one complaining on the forum about rx450h insurance so everybody must be happy 😃 certainly not me just paid £1707 for next year GoCompare start from £2300 and many many will not insure you hear are some LV/CO OP/SARGA/HASTINGS/SANTANDER +lots of others insured with NFU MUTUAL in the end over 40years no claim and clean license as like some of us over 75 just also lost my winter allowance .Have a lot of sympathy for those in the London region insurance must be mega 

Think you will find lots of posts about this 😎

• Like 2

Have an rX300 (great car) but have been looking at 450h. My rX300 is totally reliable, great to drive but is painfully thirsty. I had a premium lpg dual-fuel system fitted when I bought it 4.5 years ago so actual fuel costs per mile are ok, equivalent to a 44mpg petrol car., but I am attracted to the 450 as it's newer design will be better in many areas. I like the phev aspect too - we have a home charger installed as the household had an BEV.

In idly looking on Autotrader I came across a Cat N 450 (VE63 HFB). I looked on Confused.com and it came up with £579.33 (Go Skippy). I am 68, 3 points SP40, 1 claim for parking bump both expiring early next year. I live in Whaley Bridge.

Wonder if this quote, which seems good in the current marketplace, is due to location or is a 2013 450 preceding the model that is vulnerable to can bus attack?

Re Adrian Flux comments above...My wife (60) had set her heart on a 2016/17 RX450h. Sole driver, rural Lincolnshire, no car theft in our small town for the last 18 years, 12000 mpa. Locked garage overnight.

Using 'Mustard' for quotes got a lowest of £815 (which I realise is a first year 'catchem' deal) but AF, who has insured both our cars in the past said, after a chat with the underwriter 'we aren't insuring many RX450's because of the theft issue, but if you want to go ahead it will be £2430.' She's now looking at a Q7 which is coming in at around the £700 mark.

Me - 76 - 2020 Kia Sorento kX4, same town. locked garage, two drivers, same 12000 mpa. Last year £255 this year £324.

It's a sad, mad world.

38 minutes ago, Notimetoulouse said:

Re Adrian Flux comments above...My wife (60) had set her heart on a 2016/17 RX450h. Sole driver, rural Lincolnshire, no car theft in our small town for the last 18 years, 12000 mpa. Locked garage overnight.

Using 'Mustard' for quotes got a lowest of £815 (which I realise is a first year 'catchem' deal) but AF, who has insured both our cars in the past said, after a chat with the underwriter 'we aren't insuring many RX450's because of the theft issue, but if you want to go ahead it will be £2430.' She's now looking at a Q7 which is coming in at around the £700 mark.

Me - 76 - 2020 Kia Sorento kX4, same town. locked garage, two drivers, same 12000 mpa. Last year £255 this year £324.

It's a sad, mad world.

Change your insurer not the car! I am rural Derbyshire and pay nowhere near that? Albeit a gen3 car 🤔

21 minutes ago, Phil xxkr said:

Change your insurer not the car! I am rural Derbyshire and pay nowhere near that? Albeit a gen3 car 🤔

I've done exactly that Phil - I don't trust these unknown names on comparison sites, but at least Swinton have com in with £950. Off to NFU for a quote after lunch. 2x450 thefts in S. Lincs in the past week, Boston/Skegness from hotel car parks so it is going on. Youtube have a lot to answer for.

On 9/8/2024 at 8:31 AM, Ken R said:

PHEV only available on the current RX.

That's disappointing; you live and learn. I've only just started thinking about changing so haven't done the research and got to know the 450 well yet. I rather want a PHEV next vehicle, yet I really do like my RX300 very much. I've had it for 5 years, had an premium lpg system fitted when I got it so it's fuel costs would be around the same as a 450 (equivalent cost to a petrol 44mpg car) but the 450 should be well ahead in tech and refinement. I'm tempted.

• Like 1

2014 RX3 Fsport:  £292 fully comp this year.  2021 RX450 FSport Takumi, same cover £1145.  Bike insurance for comparison.  I insured both my bikes (650 and 1200cc) including breakdown recovery anywhere in the UK,  key cover, helmet and leathers cover, uninsured losses legal cover, fully comp.....grand total £186.  Go figure....people are being ripped off with car insurance, because we all end up paying for uninsured drivers, high risk postcodes (whether or not we live in one) and the final insult....if you do some basic maths and look at the total thefts reported for RX's nationwide, work that out as insurance losses then using the average cover cost multiplied by total RX's in circulation, guess what?   Insurance companies are milking it big time.  No surprises there.  It's a cash cow with little correlation to actual insurance risk.

Then you have to add the indirect cost of insurance as an annual cost on top...ie tracker, immobiliser, hard protection like steering locks and any subscriptions due.  I would argue it's cheaper to self insure and pay for decent security but as self insurance on vehicles isn't legally recognised, the irony is we can't.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links