Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Drive out

I'd love to follow another LC. I'd love to see another LC in my mirrors. I'd love to hear some LCs drive past.

Before the Summer is over, I'm going to organise an LC / F drive out.

Where: Wales

Format: A proper drive through Wales. Drive - coffee - drive - repeat. Possibly stay overnight if enough interest 

I'm going to open up this invitation to our friends in the F forum..... and anyone else that loves Top Gear style touring.

Prove me wrong and show me that Lexus owners are incredibly sociable beasts..........

If interested, reply below.

Mods - can this be a sticky please?

• Like 1

Great idea, but too far for me. Post some video 🙂 all the best with the event

1 hour ago, Tom999 said:

I'm obviously in...Diolch yr fawr 

I was in Machynlleth at the weekend. Miserable staff in the coffee shop were chatting away in Welsh. They served me speaking English. I said "Diolch yn fawr" and their attitudes changed immediately. Bloody Welsh!  I can say that, I am Welsh 😀

• Haha 1

Dav, trust me to marry a welsh bird that hardly speaks any 😆. I'm waiting for a local course. Going to learn how to say Machynlleth now 😛 

21 minutes ago, Tom999 said:

Dav, trust me to marry a welsh bird that hardly speaks any 😆. I'm waiting for a local course. Going to learn how to say Machynlleth now 😛 

Should just rename the place to Machloop.

Just realised, the coffee shop was in Bala, not Machynlleth! my bad!

Update

When: Weekend of Saturday 28th of Sept 20224

Format: A proper drive through Wales. Drive - coffee - drive - repeat. Possibly stay overnight if enough interest 

I'm going to open up this invitation to our friends in the F forum..... and anyone that loves Top Gear style touring.

Prove me wrong and show me that Lexus owners are incredibly sociable beasts..........

• Like 2

Ahhhh there's an October fest 27th/28th, we may be worse for wear?

Unless you want to incorporate that?

Shell Island, not far from Harlech, west coast.

This sound great, I'm free that day too! Previous RCF and ISF owner but currently in an imported IS350, would I be allowed to attend?

• Like 1

On 8/7/2024 at 10:50 AM, Flytvr said:

Update

When: Weekend of Saturday 28th of Sept 20224

I'm going to open up this invitation to our friends in the F forum..... and anyone that loves Top Gear style touring.

I think I'm free... but Whales is a big place... I'm Manchester-ish so no to Cardiff please.

Thanks for having a go at getting a drive out sorted. If the dates work (will confirm shortly) count us in (driving up from the midlands).

In the meantime - feast your eyes on this. My LC being stalked by another LC (the odds of 2 LCs being in the same place are incredibly small, let alone the same colour and trim) during a driving tour in France with the SCUK car club.

Would love to get the Welsh variant of this photo!

dsc08122.jpeg

Edited by shapiro
  • Like 1

There's a car meet at Betws y coed (Betsy coid) tomorrow, 11th August, if anyones nearby? 

Run by North Wales Automobile club, they're inviting cars over 30 years old but nothing stopping us outside of the field......

Tongue firmly in cheek but are you really thinking of organising a drive/meet for high performance cars in a country with a blanket 20mph limit?

Seriously, it's too far for me from the South Coast but best of luck with this.

P.S. I have seen a few LC500s on the road in my area but none recently.

Last summer when I was on holiday in Wales   Ruthin way with terrible floods and Snowdonia bootiful scenery of course BUT  the immense frustration of slow slow slower still absolutely everywhere with the ridiculous 20 mph speed limits 

Puts the mockers on any sort of a Sports Driving Meet surely ! 
Reading the new Welsh Premier is cancelling that 20 mph limit …… sometime ….. 

wish you well, nothing nicer to my mind than driving touring around beautiful countryside and majestic scenery …… especially if you haven’t got to drive off UK mainland 

Good luck with it all 

Malc 

There are still plenty of big open roads in North Wales. Some have average speed cameras, but a gentle drive along first will tell you where to find them.  I think the person who sited them on the A543 part of the EVO triangle was a petrol head; there is a long flowing stretch between two cameras, with lay-bys to wait or turn around in to keep the average on the safe side of legal.

The A4212 and B4391 to the NW of Bala are usually clear too, and have plenty of overtaking places.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MNMJ said:

There are still plenty of big open roads in North Wales. Some have average speed cameras, but a gentle drive along first will tell you where to find them.  I think the person who sited them on the A543 part of the EVO triangle was a petrol head; there is a long flowing stretch between two cameras, with lay-bys to wait or turn around in to keep the average on the safe side of legal.

The A4212 and B4391 to the NW of Bala are usually clear too, and have plenty of overtaking places.

Totally agree. Wales still has some excellent roads and people shouldn't be put off by 20 Zones. The 20 Zones have only replaced 30 Zones, so it make no odds.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/13/2024 at 8:18 PM, Flytvr said:

Totally agree. Wales still has some excellent roads and people shouldn't be put off by 20 Zones. The 20 Zones have only replaced 30 Zones, so it make no odds.

If you're interested, PM me and I'll add you to the Whatsapp group I've created for this drive out.

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links