Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Sat NAv no longer updates automatically in UX250 2021 year

Since Lexus chose to update the Sat Nav software with the 2023 update my car no longer will update the software in my car via my home network. The system indicates that the latest version is being updated and then installed. However the latest2023 onwards version does not update into the screen. My local Lexus has contacted Lexus head office who say that in future my car will have to have map software updates installed by the local dealer. This is a retrograde step by Lexus who seem incapable of designing the software to meet all display models. The answer given by Lexus is lazy and suggests they can't be bothered with earlier vehicles. Of course the information in the car's manual about downloads no longer applies. Very disappointed with Lexus on this subject so it encourages users to use apple Car Play and Google Maps what work well and are frequently up to date.

I'm guessing that this is related to the move from Lexus Link to Lexus Link Plus and associated wider changes.  When a vehicle is migrated from Lexus link to the "plus" version it seems to use a different back end too.  I am just in discussions with customer service about the apparent removal of the in car hotspot function which is related to no support for it in the new back end.

The OTA update to maps was always broken though - and hence always better to do from a memory stick.  If you do an OTA update on an MM19 system maps it will breaks speed camera warnings.

Paul

I have a 2024 UX 300h and am also in the process of making a detailed list for my Lexus service center (in Athens) and some issues are related to confirming software versions, automatic updates (or not? How to do this?), vehicle connectivity to data streams/internet/downloading and updating software, etc.. 

Any information shared in this group is much appreciated! 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links