Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hey All, 

Got a weird one, hard to explain noise coming from somewhere at the front, heard the best when cruising around 1400RPM.

Its almost like a whirring/worn bearing/air leak kinda noise, intensifies when accelerating lightly from 40 or 60 mph. It stops when i put it into Neutral (while driving). And when i let go of the accelerator but then comes back after a sec.

Doesnt do it when idle, or when i match the revs when coasting in Neutral, or i cant hear it as loud.

If i cover the gear slector plate with my hand it kind of mutes it a bit, red herring??

Drives fine, changes gears fine, doesnt make any more weird noises, no lights on dash. Can it be something like the waterpump going or alternator or maybe compressor?

What confuses me is that it seems to make the most of that noise when in gear while cruising, surely nothing bad with the gearbox?!

I could try and record it...

IS250 2010 with 108k miles. 

On 8/6/2024 at 1:40 AM, Linas.P said:

Maybe a driveshaft bearing? I am not sure covering it with hand would help, but it is in that location. 

Will be getting it checked at some point. Ill upload the audio, but its quite hard to hear, but its behind the road noise, best play on phone.

On 8/6/2024 at 1:40 AM, Linas.P said:

Maybe a driveshaft bearing? I am not sure covering it with hand would help, but it is in that location. 

It looks like the floor rubber gromet form the gear selector is split so its letting more noise in... 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links